Jillian Michaels : 30 day shred experiences?

Options
2»

Replies

• jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    I had a great experience with it! Found my stomach was flatter, arms were more toned, waist was smaller, legs were more toned. Unfortunately didn't take before and after stats or photos, I can never get myself into that habit. I also saw a huge improvement in my endurance and strength.

However it's a lot at first, just push through and you'll eventually see improvements by around day 4/5. The pain can be horrendous the first few days but I say just take a few painkillers before your workout if it's really uncomfortable then get on with it. Take rest days when necessary, make modifications where necessary, just listen to your body but the important thing is to keep going! And if you can, try and push yourself a little every day :) for example maybe try doing an advanced version of the move instead of a modified version one day.

Overall it's a great programme if you stick with it! Good luck :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's the first at home training, I've ever done. Until now I either went to the gym, went swimming or running outside. So it was new for me. I definitely feel my body working, but I don't feel sore the day after.

Will be starting level 3 tomorrow. I'm sure the first time will be hard, but I will get used to it. There is an awful lot of jumping in level 3. So probably not for everyone.

I do think it increases strength and though she talks alot, she also give alot of good tips and corrections, so you know how to do the exercises without hurting yourself.

My arms have more definition. My measurements changed a little bit, but my weight stayed the same. I wasn't eating as much of a deficit over the holidays, so I expected that.

Since last week, I've also been doing P90x Ab ripper x and two short fitness blender workouts (tanktop arms and lower back) on alternating days after my daily 30min with Jillian. Or I sometimes combine Jillian with a run.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i lose 5 pounds when i finished it
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    There is a link to my results below. I am doing the dvd again right now, I am on Level 2 day 3 today. I ended up losing 19 pounds in just over a month(i took rest days). Only one of the pictures i originally posted shoed up, but if you scroll down a little ways, someone reposted the front views.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1146100-my-30-day-shred-results
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Think I might start this again tomorrow, I've never managed to reach level 2 let alone complete it AHH will do it this time!
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    My results

2ntcy9g.jpg

Start
    Finish lv 1
    Finish lv 2
    Finish lv 3 - End

Your photos are encouraging and you look great!
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know that! I did 30DS and really enjoyed it. Lost several inches all around, however I did want to find something less cardio and more weights so I will look into NMTZ. Thanks!

In NMTZ, there is a strength exercise for your triceps called "The Surrender." It's brutal!!!
  • frolka27
    frolka27 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,Im starting 30d shred tomorrow. Who's in? :D
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I did it a couple times and its good. Lost inches and weight since I was in a deficit.

I will mention something Jillian has said in the past: don't do it every day, you are asking for an injury! She only said the 30 day part of it was a marketing strategy. She said doing it every other day would be safer and sufficient.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey with the 30DS. In the 30 days, I lost 12 pounds and 22 inches. Since then, I've moved on to her 90 day Body Revolution program. I've lost a total of 60 pounds and have not stepped one foot in the gym. My profile picture shows a progression.
    Good luck with your results!
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm right in the middle of 30DS, Level 2, Day 7. I've done it almost everyday. I also walk 30-40 min a day with my dog. I have gained a lot of fitness in this short amount of time. I went to the doctor recently and could honestly say that I work out 6 days a week! My BP was 110/60. I love the convenience of working out at home, plus it's only 20 minutes! I really enjoy her workouts and will do another when I've finished the Shred.

On a different note, my body is getting smaller and harder. When I rub my legs now, they feel hard. My stomach is flat even without sucking in. Of course the calorie deficit is important, but the 30DS has kick started the habit of incorporating fitness into my life. I would consider repeating it, but Level 2 has been hard for me. I may need some time to forget how much I hate those chair squats with a v raise!!
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Klbellew
    Klbellew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did day three and while I'm sore I'm not as sore as I was two days ago lol. I'm also 32 and after doing the three day diet once am down to 137 at five feet tall. I'm not as worried about losing weight as I am toning up tho. I've had six kids and five of them sections. It takes a toll on the body. I definetly need more MVP buddies if anyone wants to add me