Just finished Day 2 of Insanity?

Options
To be honest, I'm a beginner. I've gone to the gym regularly in the past, but that was about a year ago. My thighs hurt a bit, and I just did the second day and I don't think I will be able to walk tomorrow. :P
I don't want to give up, but I have a question to ask. Is it too bad that I started again with Insanity even though I haven't been working out for a while? I know it's going to be hard, but I'm not going to have any problems, right?

Replies

• shandishay
    shandishay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have doing insanity for about 2 days. I completed month 1 in November but once I started month 2 I fell off the wagon and quit working out completely until about 2 days ago. When I started insanity I had not been working out previously and was in horrible shape but I pushed through month 1 even though there were many days I wanted to give up. I lost a total of 7lbs the first month and I have only gained back 1lb. I figured I would start all over with month 1 and here I am on day 3. Be prepared though to take Tylenol just to be able to push through another day you will most likely be so sore you cant hardly walk or move and get shin splints.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you should maybe go easy and do some of the modified moves until you build up some strength and endurance.

I mean DOMS is part of the game but it isn't necessary to be in that much pain.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Some pain is good, injury is not. It's good to push your body but also to know your limits
  • Iconx11
    Iconx11 Posts: 33
    Options
    You will experience DOMS (Delayed onset muscle soreness)
    It is the pain and stiffness felt in muscles several hours to days after unaccustomed or strenuous exercise. The soreness is felt most strongly 24 hours to 72 hours.
    However they could last a lot longer but that's pretty much all you have to worry about
  • rsmorlen
    rsmorlen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you feel so sore that you CAN"T workout, then rest that day and start again the next. Just keep in mind that you shouldn't workout to the point where you cant the next day (unless you already have a scheduled rest day following). The point behind programs like Insanity and P90X, etc. are that you keep putting those DVDs in and excising. You'll be sore for a while, but fortunately you will also make huge improvements due to taking so much time off. Enjoy that, because once your body gets use to your new level of fitness, gains/improvements tend to wane, and you have to work that much harder.

I hope you're enjoying the program! I thought it was fun.
  • cannymoose
    cannymoose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i just started it, doing it at my own pace as i haven't exercised properly for about 18 years, some doms but other than that fantastic so far. just to make it through a disk is good enough for me, something is always better than nothing:-)
  • michaelablueeyes
    michaelablueeyes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did up until month two week two day 4 last year but had problem with my knee so had to rest up, then things got in the way, ie house move etc then xmas came so never really got bk into it until monday.
    It was hard I am not as sore as often as i was when i first started last year
    and when i re did fit test i got better results this first' fit test than the orginal first fit test. back then i couldnt even do one push up.

Now my biggest battle is my mind as my head is telling me ive been ding this for a long time and it bored, but my body is no where ner to how it should be. before insainty the most i would do is walk.
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    To be honest, I'm a beginner. I've gone to the gym regularly in the past, but that was about a year ago. My thighs hurt a bit, and I just did the second day and I don't think I will be able to walk tomorrow. :P
    I don't want to give up, but I have a question to ask. Is it too bad that I started again with Insanity even though I haven't been working out for a while? I know it's going to be hard, but I'm not going to have any problems, right?
    I started doing Insanity again yesterday and the only other form of exercise i have been doing is football once a week. Only problems i have had with starting it up again is slight pain in my inner thighs. No pain no gain though
  • mynameismandy
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words and your replies everybody!

I think I can workout again, it doesn't hurt THAT much.. I'll try today and if I can't I'll rest and start again tomorrow, then.
    Thank you again! :D
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    I will be honest today I struggled a bit with day 3 mainly with the V-push ups and and the raised leg triceps dips
  • mynameismandy
    Options
    i struggle with everything :( but anyway, i did day four today, and it was okay! :D