my skinny husband just doesnt get it

13»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Ignore. Smile and nod and say "that's interesting". Then stick to your own plan.
  • People will always throw advice at you. Learn to filter through it and just continue what you doing. I use TDEE method and it works for me. I like to keep things as simple as possible. Eat at a cal deficit to lose weight and exercise to stay healthy ( great stress relief for me). This works for most ppl who are generally healthy.

Ignore and do what you need to do.

Exactly what ^^ she said. Do whats right for you and fart out the crap you don't want to inhale! LOL In one ear and out the other is how I do it! YOU find the right vibe for YOU.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    I never discussed losing weight with anyone save my partner and my BFF because I did not need nor want advice from anyone.

But, when it did come up I used to laugh my butt off when people who have never EVER had to deal with being overweight in their lives would tell me how to lose weight. Schmucks, I might be flying blind somewhat, but I clearly have more experience than you and it's none of your freaking business if I eat a potato instead of a handful of almonds.

Keep doing what you're doing. Someone will always have something to say even after you hit goal. :)
  • bamf82
    bamf82 Posts: 14
    I hear you. I have someone like that at work that tries to tell me what to do, what to eat, how to eat it. I stopped listening to her and just did my own thing. They think they are helping.. But if you didn't ask for advice, then I would politely tell them that you've been successful thus far and you'd like to give this a try before starting something new.