Anyone on that pesky last 15-20lbs?

Options
I'm looking for some more motivatating friends that have been at this for a while, if you're anything like me- a LONG while. I have been working towards my weight loss goal since my first daughter was born in May of 2010 (highest weight record 230lbs). I quickly lost a bunch after she was born and then gained back about 20lbs prior to getting pregnant with my 2nd daughter (post pregnancy 210lbs July 2012). Today I am down to 165 with a goal of 145-150.

Anyone else in a similar boat? Can you help push me towards that finish line to maintenance? I'll certainly try my best to help push you in return =)

I am going to be starting the 30 Day Shred this weekend if anyone would like to join in the fun!

Replies

• venezolanita84
    Options
    Would love to join you and help motivate you lose these last few lbs, been at the same weight for a bout a year after losing a whole bunch! Feel like I settled to be in the 170's but ready to lose at least 25 more now! Let me know how I can be of any help! =)
  • k_perlinger
    k_perlinger Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Two years after having my second child I found myself at 193. My lowest weight in 2013 was 159, but by the start of 2014 I'd ballooned back up to 170. I would like to take off another 20 - 25 lbs and then really focus on toning. Working out is not the hard part for me, thanks to an amazing hubby that allows me to make time for it. Making smart food decisions is difficult, especially when those around you eat whatever they want though. If you need a friend of a similar age and with similar weight loss goals feel free to add me.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Friend requests sent!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Same here well not in the aspect of having a kid. but i've been fighting the last 20 lbs for 4 months. its crazy how it can come to a stop.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've never had more than 15-20 to lose but it sure is slow.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last pesky 5-10 lbs....taking forever :grumble:
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some more motivatating friends that have been at this for a while, if you're anything like me- a LONG while. I have been working towards my weight loss goal since my first daughter was born in May of 2010 (highest weight record 230lbs). I quickly lost a bunch after she was born and then gained back about 20lbs prior to getting pregnant with my 2nd daughter (post pregnancy 210lbs July 2012). Today I am down to 165 with a goal of 145-150.

Oh my gosh! Are you me?! Lol sure I'll add you!
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ive been stuck at 150 for longer than i would like. Trying to get down to 125.. we can do this!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really need help in the excersise area, never been my strong suit with working 50 hours a week and having two little ones. By the time all is said and done with my day it's about impossible to get my *kitten* off the couch!
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am on the last 16. Heaviest 200 and I've been down to 155lbs (my goal) before, so I know it's possible.
    I'm at 171 now and really focusing on getting to my goal and maintaining.

I would love to have more friends in the same boat
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was dealing with that, big time.

I had to get rid of my scale and switch to focusing on getting physically strong, like - across the board strong - that did the trick.

actually it did the trick AND MORE cause it gave me a beautiful body that I thought i could get from cardio :P
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    oh and it helped me maintain for more than a year now
  • Butterflykisses123
    Butterflykisses123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is totally me too! I've been bouncing around 155 with a goal of 135-140 for about a year. We can do this!
  • princesswarrior1116
    Options
    I'm in the same place. I've lost 32 pounds since last April, however I've been maintaining since mid November. I'm 5'8 and currently 166 pounds, having started at 198. I run between 15 and 25 miles a week on average and also work out with weights about three times per week.

I feel like I need to tweak something to get things going again, but haven't figured it out quite yet. Anyway, I want to lost about 15 more pounds and am always up for more dogs in the fight ;)
  • ShawnaK82
    ShawnaK82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That would be me too!! It is taking a long process, but I hope I will get there!!!!!
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LETS DO IT TOGEETHER! Im on my last thread to lose 20-25 lbs .. anyone please add me