What is your favourite spice, and how do you use it?

Options

Replies

• tembii
    tembii Posts: 34
    Options
    Cinnamon aaand GARLIC YUMM
  • TiffersMK87
    TiffersMK87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Taragon!! I use it in my chicken pot pie! That's the KEY ingredient!! YUMMM
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon. In yogurt, on toast, in oatmeal, in some rice recipes(seriously, Indian recipes have the best uses for cinnamon). I also absolutely love chili powder on eggs.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Fresh ground pepper. Sprinkle it on just about anything. I love the light spiciness it gives to a dish.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Mine is oregano. I use it on nearly everything. I even grew my own this summer because I use it so much!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Favourite: Garlic powder -- I love it.

Others in high rotation: Cavender's Greek Seasoning, Herbes de Provence, oregano, seasoning pepper

I love spices and trying different ones together. Heck a simple treat for me in high school used to be a flour tortilla with a smidge of butter across the top covered in oregano and garlic powder and heated up until crispy in the oven (or microwave but oven did it better).

I'd love to grow some of my own spices, but we don't really have the space for it now. If I wind up having to move for work, which it looks like I will, then I am going to search for a new place with a small garden area so I can grow a few things.
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Onion Powder. And I am obsessed with the combo of onion powder, garlic power, and dried rosemary.
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love smoked paprika, and sweet smoked paprika. I put it in everything, I love it in lasagne it permiates the pasta and cheese sauce! Yum.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Salt, I put that *kitten* on everything

This
  • avemaryama
    avemaryama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a spice-aholic. I live next to a market (thank God!) So i get a lot of fresh ginger which works with anything..sweet, savoury, juice, smoothie, tea. Garlic, cardamom, fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and black pepper are the usual suspects. But i'm not opposed to some oregano, basil, bay, nutmeg and all spice.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Cajun and regular pepper. Love love love this stuff.
    I put them in my eggs, pasta, potatoes, etc.
  • transmute
    transmute Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ROOOOSEMARY

No seriously, if you see a rosemary-scented perfume/body spray out there, you get your *kitten* on MFP and inbox me about right away.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    All of them... I love spices and use a wide variety of them. I probably use garlic, salt, chili powder, and black pepper most frequently, but curry powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, ginger, cinnamon, dill, and oregano are also favorites. Don't even get me started on Mrs. Dash.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Garlic, fresh ground pepper (on EVERYTHING) and cumin! I love cumin on cubed/roasted squash.
  • Adelaidekempf
    Options
    I simply love licorice powder sprinkled on salad, steak, chicken, you name it. I am Danish and can't help it. ????
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Every spice under the sun LOL everything I cook is always loaded with tons of spices. I almost always have to add the hot chili powder I get from a little indian market I go to, I find that it is spicier than ones I find in the regular super market.
  • SnoopysBitch
    Options
    Garlic powder. I'm usually too lazy to chop garlic. It goes on everything: roasted veggies, pasta, anything with tomatoes!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My favourite was Ginger Spice followed by Scary Spice
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    garlic powder, parsley, dill, black pepper, kirkland garlic and herbs, clubhouse roasted peppers and garlic, onion flakes, thyme, mrs. dash, oregano...i love spices, they're a great substitute for sauces.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i have to say all, i love them all
    i grow as much as i can too!
    YUM!