Eating all your calories

Options
I have 656 calories left over and I have been exercised 1.5 hours total (1157 cals) today thus earning a ton of calories. My question is do I really have to eat that? I can't think of anything I can eat that is healthy to consume all of those calories.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Is your calorie total with exercise included? Then no.

If not, then yes.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    So is the 656 calories including your exercise calories?

Edit: above poster beat me to it
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For me, I do not exercise to burn calories and then eat them back. I have calories left over everyday. I do not worry about them.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    What is your body telling you? Are you hungry or not. If you are not hungry chances are you did not burn as many calories as you think you did. I would just listen to my body. If I was hungry or fealt I did a hard weight training and needed extra protein I might eat some of it; otherwise wrap it up.
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    With exercise.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What is your body telling you? Are you hungry or not. If you are not hungry chances are you did not burn as many calories as you think you did. I would just listen to my body. If I was hungry or fealt I did a hard weight training and needed extra protein I might eat some of it; otherwise wrap it up.

Unfortunately, hunger can be one of the less reliable indicators that you're getting enough to eat. Your body sends out the hormones that control hunger based partially on habit, which is why very obese people may feel hungry all the time and many underweight people claim to not feel hunger at all. Energy levels, performance, focus and concentration, skin, hair, nails, etc. should all be taken into account along with hunger.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    With exercise.
    Is 1157 the total exercise calories burned or is it the amount left in you calorie allowance for today?
  • eringetsfit
    eringetsfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    May I ask how you burned 1157 calories in an hour and a half? I just jogged my *kitten* off for 30 minutes and burned 147 :P Hope I misunderstand, or please tell me your secret ;)
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    1400 Goal

1869 Food

1157 calories burned from exercise

744 Net

656 calories remaining.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    May I ask how you burned 1157 calories in an hour and a half? I just jogged my *kitten* off for 30 minutes and burned 147 :P Hope I misunderstand, or please tell me your secret ;)

I would like to know also
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    dooooo it! do it do it do it!

you wont do it
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I have 656 calories left over and I have been exercised 1.5 hours total (1157 cals) today thus earning a ton of calories. My question is do I really have to eat that? I can't think of anything I can eat that is healthy to consume all of those calories.

1157 calories in 90 minutes of exercise......wow....what do you do to burn that much ?
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    Its spread out over the whole day. Cleaning, Walking for an hour, doing strength training, walking for another 15 min or so ect.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How are you estimating your exercise calories? If you're using MFP or gym machines I would assume that they're inflated.
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    Im also like really fat. I'm a well over a hundred pounds over weight.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but unless you are morbidly obese I very seriously doubt you burned 1100 cals in an hour and a half. Be careful trusting what MFP says, because they generously overestimate calorie burns.
  • LuLuChick78
    Options
    1400 Goal

1869 Food

1157 calories burned from exercise

744 Net

656 calories remaining.

I have not seen a more confusing way to put that....I still don't get 656 either when I calculate out what I THINK you are trying to say.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, hunger can be one of the less reliable indicators that you're getting enough to eat. Your body sends out the hormones that control hunger based partially on habit, which is why very obese people may feel hungry all the time and many underweight people claim to not feel hunger at all. Energy levels, performance, focus and concentration, skin, hair, nails, etc. should all be taken into account along with hunger.

You are correct; however, I still have my doubts about the 1157 calories. I am over 2 hundred pounds, I can do that kind of burn. But not normal gym stuff; I have to go do MMA style training to get that kind of burn rate.
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    Oh, heh I meant 2.5 sorry I looked at the wrong day.
  • LuLuChick78
    Options
    Its spread out over the whole day. Cleaning, Walking for an hour, doing strength training, walking for another 15 min or so ect.

Do not eat back exercise cals if you are doing it this way - estimating based on these activities. Most of these things are included in your current calorie allowance I am guessing. Eating back all of what you are estimating as burned will keep you in the same place you are (going on the small amount of information you have given us to work with).