I'm not a quitter!

Options
Are you ever just shocked by the lack of support some people give? I just don't understand it. I've been going on 6 weeks of workouts now since having my 5th child in October. Just started using myfitnesspal last Friday. People are discouraging me on Facebook so I just quit posting. Anyone want be a friend on here to help me stay motivated? I'll do the same for you I promise! I just really need some support and not negative nancy's (no offense if you name is Nancy). I'm 23 years old and really easy to get along with :)

Replies

• ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am olde but I love you are a qutter When someone tells me no you can I have proven them wrong more than once with my health and exercise. You can add me if you want I am one who understands a lot and wants an active life
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I can never understand people being so negative, when you are trying to be healthy....Even if you are already slim, you still need to be healthy, hence you need to work out....It is for both slim and big

Do you girl, and good luck on your journey!!!!!!
  • carrienterrance
    carrienterrance Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are doing great Janie!! I just started using Myfitnesspal again, I'm on my third day :) I also started a small group on facebook for support called Mommies Losin' Weight. Let me know if you want to be added. It great support, I keep it a small group so you get better support then you would with a big one.. Plus there are less people to judge you, and this group of ladies will not judge you because you are beautiful as you are :)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I like people that don't quit :smile: Feel free to add me, I'm always up for positive, happy people! Anyone who would try to discourage you from getting healthier needs to be kicked in the butt. That's my solution, anyways

Good luck!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. NEVER listen to others negativity. It can be contageous and make you feel terrible about yourself. We at MFP are here for you and I will only offer support and encouragement.
    I have had some negative folks in my life making comments about my eating habits, exercise choices or snack options. Just remember, this is about YOU and YOU are worth making this change for.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    People that react negatively to your newfound love for health is only because you are doing something they themselves are not doing. Change is hard for people. Maybe the people on your fb are criticizing your efforts because you are moving forward, progressing, changing and they are not.

dont let it get you down...but rather let it fuel your fire. For every person that thinks you cannot do it, do an extra pushup or jump in their honor :) .

Live your life and be proud that you took this step. Its hard at first but gets easier. :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your "friends" on fb just want to see you fail to make themselves feel better. No worries i know plenty of family and friend that pour their negative comments on me, but their opinion doesn't matter. You r doing great don't listen to them.

Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm never knowingly negative :)
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Negative Nancy? I see you have met my ex wife........
  • Janiemomof7
    Janiemomof7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I just deleted my facebook profile. I feel so free, because now there is no one to hold me back! :) Sorry Auqabear, I don't really know anyone named Nancy :)