Has anyone tried Alli weight loss pills?

Options
Found a coupon for it and mayo clinic says it works. I'm fine doing this on my own but if a pill can boost the 2 pounds a week I burn to 4 pounds that help a lot. I still intend to eat right and exercise.

Mayo Clinic review: http://www.mayoclinic.org/alli/art-20047908

Replies

• hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother. If you are losing weight without it...stick to what you are doing. That's just my take on things.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,234 Member
    Options
    The promise of anal leakage is enough for me to just stick to eating less and moving more.
  • bamf82
    bamf82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago. While it did keep me in check, because I feared pooping my pants; the fact that it blocks fats from being observed made me kinda leary.

I believe we need fats in our diet. Focus on healthy fats and you're good!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Anal leakage?! WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!?????
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Search "Alli" using the search function. Read all previous threads. ?????. Profit (from not wasting money on pills that make you crap yourself).
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I read the side effects. Doesn't sound very fun.
    Moderate calorie deficit is the way to go.

I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1166617-has-anyone-tried-the-alli-diet?hl=alli
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    The promise of anal leakage is enough for me to just stick to eating less and moving more.
    :frown: :sick:
  • Lemmon827
    Lemmon827 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The leakage is true if you eat a lot of fatty greasy food. It's like pooping oil or grease with your normal stool. Also can cause diarrhea/speed up bowl movement if you are not careful. So bottom line it blocks some of the fat absorption, but it also makes you want to avoid fatty foods because of the consequences. It works to a degree I would recommend using it if you are going to have a "diet cheat day," holidays, or a special occasion where you know you won't be able to resist what is being served. Eating less fat is the best way to go.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My doctor prescribed them for me about 3 years ago. Leakage is not a problem if you don't eat high fat food, really, DON'T eat high fat food, you can't digest or absorb any fat and it goes straight through your gut and out in your poop. If you have a double cheeseburger and fries you'll be in trouble. So you have to avoid fatty food and so the pills (that stop you absorbing fat) are pretty pointless. I took them for a week and didn't really see any difference. I think they've got a bad rep. because people thought they could pop a pill before dinner, eat cheesy chilli fries and chunky monkey ice cream and the pill would just magic the fat away. :noway:
    I'd stick to good food, exercise and maintaining a calorie deficit, it really works! Good luck!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather not have to start wearing diapers any sooner than I absolutely have to...
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ha.. I remember I was so excited to buy this stuff a few years back, I spent a decent amount of money, got it home, read anal leakage and never used it... No thank you!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of greasy, fattening food, so it's not right for me. Good old fashioned healthy eating and exercise for me!
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options

:laugh: :noway:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It would be easy to have high hopes for a quick fix especially when Mayo Clinic gives their stamp of approval. However, your best way is to just buck-up and stick to your calorie deficit.

How embarrassing would it be to be out with a group of friends and get the Hershey-squirts without warning. :embarassed:

Good luck. you are just beginning. :flowerforyou:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    never trust a fart ladies!
  • MsBluelipstick
    Options
    DON'T! SERIOUSLY DON'T! !

So you are only suppose to have "side effects" if you eat a high fat meal... well any fat sometimes will leave you in a pretty horrid situation o.0
  • Lemmon827
    Lemmon827 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    never trust a fart ladies!

ahahaha! so true!

French fries and alli mean you will not be leaving the restroom any time soon! Lesson Learned: No fatty junk food
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    OP, make sure that you also have a coupon for these.

500-832211-847__1.jpg
  • bamf82
    bamf82 Posts: 14
    Options
    I believe you cannot go over 15 grams of fat per meal.