Veggies

Options
Do you log veggies or count them as freebies?

Replies

• JessMonster84
    Options
    I log fruits and veggies. Food is food!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course I log them. They have calories. Some have lots of calories.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    They have calories, so they're not "free". I usually eat a couple hundred calories in veg every day. If it has calories, it should go in your diary.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I log everything that has calories that goes in my mouth. Veggies have calories. They're not "free" no matter what weight watchers may say.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I personally find it more helpful to log them. I'm in maintenance, and I also love vegetables, so if I don't watch myself those small numbers will begin to add up. Plus, some vegetables (especially peppers, for instance) are really high in vitamins, so I'd like to see that in my food diary at the end of the day :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I log 'em.
    Check my food log I can eat a lot of calories on raw veggies.
  • RachtheOzkiwi
    RachtheOzkiwi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything and I mean everything, otherwise there is no point in being on here.
    If you want to cheat on your self , go right ahead.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    it's the slippery slope to inaccuracy that one ...

the amount of people that come here saying they are doing everything right, only eating 1200 cals or less and can't lose weight and then you find out they don't log their veggies, some of their fruit, their coffees, their vitamins (who could forget the lady that took 40 different ones a day and didn't log them), or whatever. Log everything so if you have troubles down the line you can look and see an accurate picture of what you have been eating.

Good luck :-)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    my rule of thumb.. you bite it you write it.. here its you log it

i log every bite. bites licks. all add up.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I log them but I have a life and so am not going to make great efforts at getting them entirely accurate. A salad with many various veggies like lettuce, squash, zucchini, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc. will just log as three cups lettuce (because it's all roughly the same and nearly zero calories anyway) and then the higher calorie things like chickpeas or olives I will log separately and more accurately and even more carefully I will log the dressing I use.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    I say its best to get into the habit of logging everything. Theres a spot to log water and it has no calories. I log my tea consumption and it has no calories. If, you log every single item then at least your aware of everything your eating in a day. I find its usually more than we think. Hope it helps :flowerforyou:
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think it is so important to log them for many reasons:
    I want to see that I get as many whole foods as I can and some from each food group
    They are full of fiber and nutrients so you can actually see how you are doing in the "reports" section as far as getting all the good stuff in.
    They do have calories and we need to keep it as real as possible
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    veggies have calories so they get logged.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I log. Veggies still have calories and carbs, so if I have to take insulin for them, they're getting logged.
  • kspark658
    kspark658 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    log everything! it's all data that you can learn from.... macronutrient balance, fibre intake, satiety... lots to look at :)
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I log them because half a head of cauliflower can still be 100 calories. And fiber. And carbs. And whatever else I'm tracking.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I log them all. The only ones I guesstimate with are lettuce. For example roughly a handful counts as half a cup, any mixed lettuce will do for what comes out of dad's garden etc. Veggies help me get enough protein and fibre as well which is important.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I log and weigh everything. I prefer less guessing. I had half a sandwich bag of baby carrots today (6 ounces) and it was 70 calories. Vegetables can add up.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know weight watchers says that fruit & veggies are 0 points, but they have carbs & calories. You need to log in just to make sure your really keep track of everything you eat.