Food Preoccupation

Options
I think about food 24/7. Biologically, I "shouldn't" be fat. I know it. Even though everyone in my family is obese. I have high enough metabolism. Whether I"m eating or not, I'm always thinking of my next meal/snack/drink.

Is anyone else like this? Please add me. I need the support.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've just finished a delicious lunch and I'm already thinking about my next snack :(
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Pre logging helps me when I feel I am over obsessing. For some reason if it is in my diary already, I don't think about it as much.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Pre logging helps me when I feel I am over obsessing. For some reason if it is in my diary already, I don't think about it as much.

I do that too, and it helps some...
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but I have had some ed issues so that may never change for me. What does help though is making sure your meals have plenty of protein and some fat in them to help keep you satiated. I can go much longer without thinking about food this way. :-)
  • PaulaRicco
    PaulaRicco Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too. When I was an unhealthy eater, I was in love with food. Now that I'm a healthier eater, I over obsess about healthy food.

I pre-package everything and pack it in a lunch box for the day. Somehow knowing what I have to eat for the day allows me to forgo over-thinking about my next meal a little because I know it's there waiting for me. Like a little gift waiting to be opened.

Pre-logging my pre-packaged food helps too - give me an idea of where I will be by dinnertime. And if I happen to not eat something I packed (unlikely! lol) I can just take it off my food log.

I hope this helps!!! Good luck :)
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    I am the same exact way,

I have found that breaking my calories into smaller groups has helped a lot that way I can eat more frequently.

so I break my 1600 calories into groups of 150-200 calories. that way I get to eat more often. The thought of Intermittent Fasting freaks me out.

edited to add. I too pre package food. This helps tremendously. I know that when my pre packaged snacks are gone I am out of food until dinner time.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I believe this calorie-counting and logging thing encourages thinking about food all the time.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I believe this calorie-counting and logging thing encourages thinking about food all the time.

Not for me. The difference is I wasn't thinking about it before calorie logging... I was just eating it... all day long.
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think I consciously think about food more when I log but when I'm not logging I'm still thinking about food it just isn't as obvious - which is much worse. I'm just coming back from taking an extended break from logging and boy did it catch up with me.

I'm not sure there is really anything to be done about it besides working to develop a healthy relationship with food and get it to work to your advantage.

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lemmon827
    Lemmon827 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Can't stop thinking about when I get to eat again. Also hungry all the time, serious cravings. Anyway to distract oneself? Stop cravings?