Has anyone lost a lot of weight just walking for exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• sharenj
    Options
    Keep up the great work and need to know...how's your dog now?:smile:
  • catrinpersephone
    Options
    Ooh I walk about 3-4 (sometimes five) times a week, for either half and hour or an hour with only one gym session per week and just eating healthy and I really have been losing! Good luck :)
  • lyntart
    Options
    I read an article mentioning tt e difference btw calorie loss for running and walking is not big. What really matters is e duration . So just pick ur most preferred exercise and increase e duration ! I'm sure ull lose alot of weight! Good luck!!
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine walks many miles a week and has lost over 50 pounds so far. It can be done.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    lyntart,

I can go one step further. Runner's world posted an article on a study between the calories burned between walking and running and at 5MPH walking you actually burn more than you do while running and at 5.5MPH it's even more. The reason for this is because the body is pushing itself that much harder to sustain the pace.

Here's the article.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Not many people are able to move quite that quickly though, it's very difficult to do.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I lost 55 lbs after I had my youngest daughter just walking and doing walk away the pounds DVD's. I was also on WW's at the time. :)
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I only burn about 200 calories each day. Do what you love. Do it daily. Repeat forever. That's all that matters :)

Charmagne