If the person you are now could talk to the "you" from ten y

Options
1235»

Replies

• krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Oh and sleep around more before getting married...LOL
    (that was just a joke...well a little..LOL)

Kim
    Lol so true hate to admit it haha:laugh:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Aww thanks for this ladies, a few of these brought tears to my eyes. I would tell my twelve year old self, get out of the house, and go live with your grandma, that is NOT how men should treat women. I would tell myself its okay to eat lunch at school you dont have to wait till you get home there is nothing wrong with eating in public. I would tell myself to enjoy things like being able to lay out in the sun and get a tan, or taking naps, working out, and reading books, because once logan is born, I will not be able to do those things again for a long time!
    Lose your virginity to steven, it will mean a lot more than who you would otherwise end up with, BUT then DO NOT have a child with him. He will not help you at all and you will be a prisoner in your own home. He will say the things you want to hear and then never follow through with them over and over, Dont get started with him, you arent strong enough to leave if you do. Spend more nights at grandmas, never have a serious relationship, do pretty much everything else the same.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone - I enjoyed reading them...

This is a great exercise to see what you could change in your life, and really weight was it for me - I wasted precious years not swimming, not going out as much as I could, and not enjoying life becuase I felt self concious. This plan was not so much about losing weight, but about losing those feelings of not being good enough because I didn't look perfect. I still don't look perfect, and never will, but I FEEL great about myself - and all this time that was what I needed.

Good luck to all of us here - those of us just starting out, and those who have made it to the other side.
    :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I would say to me in 6 yrs your son is gonna be gone forever so treasure him now like there is no tomorrow.

I am so very sorry.
  • AJCM
    Options
    I wouldn't have much to tell 30-year-old Shannon, but if I could talk to teenage Shannon I'd smack the cr@p out of her. :laugh:

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!
    But, looking back 10 years ago, maybe wait a year or two after we got married to have kids and travel a bit by ourselves. SAVE our money. That's probably it.

My husband just said the same thing last night - travel more before having the kids... I guess we have to wait about 15-20 yrs now to travel with that kind of freedom again??? :ohwell:
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    Hmmm, me at 16

Quit smoking. It will cause all of the hair to fall out of the right side of your head and your nose will fall off by the age of twenty. (hey, that is probably the only thing that I could tell my 16 year old self to make me quit)

Dump Paul. The fact that he cries like a b!+ch every time you try to dump isn't reason to stay. He's too skinny and wimpy for you anyway.

Get a bachelors degree. If you need to change your major, change it as many times as you need to. Just don't quit. Mom and Dad will do whatever they have to do to help you get there.

Tell Dad to buy pfiser stock. A lot of pfiser stock.

Potatoes do not a meal make. They are really bad for you. They will make you fat. I know that "stop the insanity" woman said that a baked potato has 10 calories, but the pound of butter, cheese, and sour cream has about a million and it is all being deposited on your thighs and flat tummy.

High heels are your friend.

Get on accutane. It is so worth it.

Listen to your inner voice. People are going to try to tell you that voice is wrong, but I promise you, it never is. You know what's going on, trust that pull in your gut.

Hug and kiss Mom and Dad every day. They are awesome.
  • Violet1980
    Violet1980 Posts: 54
    Options
    I would say.... Grow out yor bangs and put DOWN the Little Debbie cake.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I wouldn't have much to tell 30-year-old Shannon, but if I could talk to teenage Shannon I'd smack the cr@p out of her. :laugh:

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!
    But, looking back 10 years ago, maybe wait a year or two after we got married to have kids and travel a bit by ourselves. SAVE our money. That's probably it.

My husband just said the same thing last night - travel more before having the kids... I guess we have to wait about 15-20 yrs now to travel with that kind of freedom again??? :ohwell:

That is actually the one thing I can't wait for! Me and hubby were just talking about that not too long ago!! We always travelled with the kids..and they are pros...but I can't wait to start traveling without diaperbags and backpacks full of toys. We have it all planned out.. both my kids will be out of highschool by the time I am 41..so I still have a lot of living to do LOL!
  • AJCM
    Options

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!

That is actually the one thing I can't wait for! Me and hubby were just talking about that not too long ago!! We always travelled with the kids..and they are pros...but I can't wait to start traveling without diaperbags and backpacks full of toys. We have it all planned out.. both my kids will be out of highschool by the time I am 41..so I still have a lot of living to do LOL!

ME TOO!!!! My husband and I got away to San Diego together last week, and while we did miss the kids, it was HEAVENLY!!!! Lounging by the pool, going out for drinks at midnight, eating in nice restaurants, etc...

You will still be a hot mama at 41, so that is GREAT!!! You can lounge on the beach, worry free, in a bikini then! Ours are just babies now, so we will be a bit older by the time we have freedom. :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    Options

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!

ME TOO!!!! My husband and I got away to San Diego together last week, and while we did miss the kids, it was HEAVENLY!!!! Lounging by the pool, going out for drinks at midnight, eating in nice restaurants, etc...

You will still be a hot mama at 41, so that is GREAT!!! You can lounge on the beach, worry free, in a bikini then! Ours are just babies now, so we will be a bit older by the time we have freedom. :flowerforyou:

In a bikini ..LOL.!!!! I don't know about THAT one..some thing after kids just haven't *snapped* back into place hahaha!! We went to San Diego when my son was 4 and my daughter was 4 months old... it was so much fun! Newport Beach was beautiful! I would love to go back...without kids some day! Or Hawaii...someplace warm..with palm trees...that does not have Disney Characters in my photos hahahaaa!! I can't wait for those lounging on the beach days..not having to worry about how long my kid stayed under water and why they aren't coming up for air hahahahaa!!
  • AJCM
    Options

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!

In a bikini ..LOL.!!!! I don't know about THAT one..some thing after kids just haven't *snapped* back into place hahaha!! We went to San Diego when my son was 4 and my daughter was 4 months old... it was so much fun! Newport Beach was beautiful! I would love to go back...without kids some day! Or Hawaii...someplace warm..with palm trees...that does not have Disney Characters in my photos hahahaaa!! I can't wait for those lounging on the beach days..not having to worry about how long my kid stayed under water and why they aren't coming up for air hahahahaa!!

Hahaha! I showed my son the stretch marks he made on my left side, because he was always curled up there! Mine are 1 and 3 yrs, so there is no rest for the hubby and I (you know what I'm talking about). I highly recommend a trip for just the two of you! We are already dreaming about the next one!
  • LML79
    Options

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!

Hahaha! I showed my son the stretch marks he made on my left side, because he was always curled up there! Mine are 1 and 3 yrs, so there is no rest for the hubby and I (you know what I'm talking about). I highly recommend a trip for just the two of you! We are already dreaming about the next one!

Yes I know what you mean... once you get a taste of "the good life" you want to do it more! Hubby and I went away for a weekend..just to Newport..an hour away and stayed at a Bed & Breakfast while my mom watched my kids..and oh my gosh it was the perfect weekend! Just being able to go out to dinner ..after 8pm ..without worrying about the kids being overtired...or just being able to go with the flow and not worry about whether my six year old has been holding her bladder for longer than an hour and finding a restroom withing record time..haha!!!! We definitely can't wait to go away like that again. It's been a long time..if we keep this up we mind as well wait till my son is 16 and can babysit his sister..who'd be13 ! ( my son doesn't think I'm serious...just wait!)
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    To my self at 16: Make sure you use a condom because getting pregnant at 16 will cause too much stress for everyone you care about and you will never emotionally get over it. Also, John is going to be a great guy in another 10 years, just trust him now and give him space to follow his dreams. Don't be so insecure that you have to have him in your sights every minute. He does love you, really.

To my self at 42 (divorced for the third time): You will not die from a broken heart. In fact, you will grow more during the next three years than you did in the last 30. So enjoy each day, including the bad ones because you will need every experience. And call John......
  • AJCM
    Options

AMEN!!! Thats me too!!

Yup, me too!

Yes I know what you mean... once you get a taste of "the good life" you want to do it more! Hubby and I went away for a weekend..just to Newport..an hour away and stayed at a Bed & Breakfast while my mom watched my kids..and oh my gosh it was the perfect weekend! Just being able to go out to dinner ..after 8pm ..without worrying about the kids being overtired...or just being able to go with the flow and not worry about whether my six year old has been holding her bladder for longer than an hour and finding a restroom withing record time..haha!!!! We definitely can't wait to go away like that again. It's been a long time..if we keep this up we mind as well wait till my son is 16 and can babysit his sister..who'd be13 ! ( my son doesn't think I'm serious...just wait!)

YES!!! You're singing my song...
    :wink: