Almost 60 - Anyone interested in losing 40 lbs in 40 weeks?

Options

Replies

• dcascino
    dcascino Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just turned 53 and would love to lose 30 pounds in 30 weeks. I'm brand new to Mfp and I got a fitbit force bracelet and a fitbit aria scale for Christmas. I'm so ready to lose the spare tire. I'm looking forward to having online friends for help, advice and support. I can hardly wait to get started!!!
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IQiK2pYNWQ

fun vid of 10 Amazing Ways to Stop Overeating (gotta love YouTube - great exercise vids, recipes etc) Ventertaining :-)
  • AKcanookie
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IQiK2pYNWQ

fun vid of 10 Amazing Ways to Stop Overeating (gotta love YouTube - great exercise vids, recipes etc) Ventertaining :-)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2IQiK2pYNWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • SupersonicEd
    Options
    I want to lose 20lbs by my 69th birthday May 7th and would love to join the group. Ed from Canada
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too. I'm 58 and would love to lose 40 pounds in 2014. My body feels my current age, but inside I'm still 21; I would like the outside to match the inside age.
  • susank135
    susank135 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I turned 60 last year and have about 20 stubborn pounds to lose.
  • AKcanookie
    Options
    I want to lose 20lbs by my 69th birthday May 7th and would love to join the group. Ed from Canada

Welcome Ed - i'm a Canuk too, but live in Alaska now :-)
  • AKcanookie
    Options

Welcome Ed - i'm a Canuk too, but live in Alaska now :-)
  • jpilley
    jpilley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So many friends and so much support. We can do this together!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 51 and have 40 to lose. I have lost 4 since the first. Are there any openings in this group?
  • fisherdouglas
    Options
    I am male and over 60 and want to lose a similar amount, but finding it hard, at moment I am continually going back and forward to fridge eating After Eights.
  • skimmie48
    Options
    Hi, I'm 58 and my goal is 25lbs gone. I've gone back and forth 15lbs. Any availability in the group?
  • Sandi1141
    Sandi1141 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 63, retired in May of 2013 and gained 20 lbs! My goal is to lose 30 lbs this year. I've joined a gym to increase activity. I just found this site and am hoping it helps. I would love to be a part of this group!
  • sigridolsen
    sigridolsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 45 this year and want to lose that many pounds. I've lost over 60 already. Feel free to add me!
  • Grantlesliejr
    Options
    I'm game. I turn 48 in a few months and need to lose 100 lbs. So I will take on the challenge of losing a pound a week minimum.
  • Grantlesliejr
    Options
    To lose 60 lbs is awesome work. I look forward to when I can say that. Keep it up the great work.
  • mkteach
    Options
    I turn 50 this month and need to lose 30lbs. Would love to have a support group. A challenge to lose a lb per week would help keep me on track. I have a Fitbit Flex and am trying to up my exercise daily. I'm averaging 6000 steps daily.
  • AKcanookie
    Options
    For this group, should we start counting down from the day/date we started here and post our progress? It's something we used to do on another site and it helped people get into the spirit (and a bit of competitive challenge). Each person would add to the entry and follow by quoting until week 40 .. you make an entry every time you weigh in; eg;

spiffy -1, -3, 0 = 4
    dingle -3, 0, 0, -1.5 = 4.5
    garp 0, +3, +9, -1 = +11

any thoughts? recommendations? :-)

weight-loss-tip_zps576a8441.jpg
  • AKcanookie
    Options
    darnit, still not using the right html - anybody familiar with the proper coding for posting a pic with html or bbb code?
  • jpilley
    jpilley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Our new group, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, seems to be rocking! 48 members in just 3 days. Lose 40 pounds in 40 weeks - seems impossible but with such wonderful friends how can I not. Motivation, Inspiration, and Commitment - that's what it is all about! And so much easier with friends - come join us cuz we are having fun!