Best Quest bar flavor?

Options
13»

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Honest question, as I had to try a few varieties after seeing so many people rave about them around here and I feel like I'm missing something.. do people really like these things for the taste or are they getting a boost because of their relatively superior nutritional stats?

I've tried many different types of protein/energy/nutrition bars and can think of more than a few that taste much better imo. All I remember from the Quest flavors I tried was a strong artificial sweetener taste and a tired jaw. Or maybe I'm taking crazy pills.
  • LindseyMarie
    Options
    I've tried a few... and I have hated the fruity ones (including the cheesecake, white chocolate. etc). They tasted artifically sweetened and aspatamey. The cookie dough one is the only one I can stand to eat out of the wrapper, ana I found eating it warmed in the microwave for 10 seconds was amazing. I baked a double chocolate chunk one for 8 minutes at 350 made it taste like brownie. Those two flavors are now the only two I can recommend.

I haven't tried the cinnamon one yet, but I want to next time I run into GNC.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I would go with the strawberry cheesecake and the lemon cream pie.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    To me, you have to microwave them to make them edible. Can't even chew them otherwise. Warmed up they are pretty good.
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Honest question, as I had to try a few varieties after seeing so many people rave about them around here and I feel like I'm missing something.. do people really like these things for the taste or are they getting a boost because of their relatively superior nutritional stats?

I've tried many different types of protein/energy/nutrition bars and can think of more than a few that taste much better imo. All I remember from the Quest flavors I tried was a strong artificial sweetener taste and a tired jaw. Or maybe I'm taking crazy pills.

I feel the same way...
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    If you email them, they will send you two free bars of whichever flavor (s) you want.