Protein Powder

Options
Hi,

I am a high school athlete who plays tennis. I need a protein powder that tastes good and is high in protein. Preferably it is cheap too. Like $50. Taste and protein are the priorities thought. My neighbor recommends Amplify XL. Is that a good one?

Replies

• mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% natural whey. No artificial sweeteners and tastes great. I've used the brand for over 6 years now and always had great results.
  • professormudd1
    Options
    I like Gnc Pro Performance - 100% Whey Protein. It is only 130 cal per serving and 24grams of protein. I get vanilla so I can add it to recipes like pancakes and stuff.

Edited to add: I also like EAS Myoplex. It was pretty inexpensive from Target.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I lke International Protein WPI. 35gr of protein and 152cal :)

http://www.international-protein.com/flavour/amino-charged-wpi/
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% natural whey. No artificial sweeteners and tastes great. I've used the brand for over 6 years now and always had great results.

This is what I use.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    RIVALUS PROMASIL CHOCOLATE 100kcal / scoop
  • brimin101
    brimin101 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    MTS Whey on tigerfitness.com
  • racnsdd
    racnsdd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also use Optimum nutrition. Vanila ice cream flavor Is my favorite. Check Amazon for best price
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options

OP asked for cheap :p lol
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure of any cheap international brands... I only know of a few high quality, cheap protein powders in my country, sorry!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

This is what I use.

this is the one to get
  • Kilo321
    Kilo321 Posts: 44
    Options

This is what I use.

This is the best I have used so far. They also have the pro-complex natural. 50-60 bucks on Amazon, depending on flavor.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Also: whey is whey - I wouldn't buy too much into the quality of whey argument, just buy the cheapest you can.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am a high school athlete who plays tennis. I need a protein powder that tastes good and is high in protein. Preferably it is cheap too. Like $50. Taste and protein are the priorities thought. My neighbor recommends Amplify XL. Is that a good one?

Kaizen Whey is @ Costco and is $50 is the highest level of protein (35 grams compared to most who offer 25-28grams) and is delicious !!! I drink the chocolate and mix it with water.

It's all really a matter of opinion, also it ranked #2 in a independent study for actual protein content per scoop as per the label claims.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I prefer the more natural route. My favorite proteins are Tera's Whey Chocolate flavor and Garden of Life RAW Protein in Vanilla or Chocolate.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For inexpensive protein, you can find egg white powder in the grocery store with the baking supplies.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Also: whey is whey - I wouldn't buy too much into the quality of whey argument, just buy the cheapest you can.

/thread
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Kaizen Whey is @ Costco and is $50 is the highest level of protein (35 grams compared to most who offer 25-28grams) and is delicious !!! I drink the chocolate and mix it with water.

It's all really a matter of opinion, also it ranked #2 in a independent study for actual protein content per scoop as per the label claims.
    I am also a huge Kaizen fan. Especially since it's not loaded with crap.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options

This is the best I have used so far. They also have the pro-complex natural. 50-60 bucks on Amazon, depending on flavor.

This one. It's actually one of the more affordable protein powders, because each "serving" provides 60g and there are 26 in the 4.6lb tub, which you can get from amazon for about $54 (free shipping with prime). You can get 52 30g servings out of the tub, which works out to about a dollar for an average-sized protein dose.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    as far as taste goes. we just picked one up the muscle milk graham cracker and it is the bomb.
  • christinelyn
    christinelyn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard 100% natural whey. No artificial sweeteners and tastes great. I've used the brand for over 6 years now and always had great results. :drinker: