Newbie :)

Options
Hello to everyone! I am pretty new to the site and having been browsing different ares :), I think you are all fabulous! I need to loose my last 25 lbs and having trouble doing so, hence my reason for joining this site. I am also thinking of running my first 5k :/ , I run on the treadmill on a regular basis but still a little nervous to hit the road with everyone (yikes!!! would be my mental thought lol!)
I am a single Mom of two wonderful children and live in Maine, where it is getting quite cold!! I am looking for all the inspiration/ motivation that I can find! Love to you all
Edana

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love my treadmill, but really want to run a race as well. I need to run outside more, but it's a little tougher to do, especially for a beginner like me, in the colder weather. I think a local running group would be great support. Best of luck in achieving your goals!
  • rokikio
    Options
    Welcome!

I am sure you will be able to accomplish your goals!
  • willoart
    Options
    hay i am a newbie too
  • Lizzibliz
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I am also new and just started my first week on the site. I gotta say I love the site so far, easy to keep track of everything.
    and good luck to you ladies, you will succeed :)
  • midmomike2
    Options
    Welcome! Are we related? (lol) I recently lost my last 25lbs (tightened down on my calorie intake and ate a lot of fish,eggs,salad,fruits etc. and STAYED OUT OF RESTAURANTS!) I too am trying to get ready for my 1rst 5k. I find it easier to run outdoors than on the treadmill though.(Don't know why) Anyway,welcome and good luck on reaching all your goals!
  • jennlync
    jennlync Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to run on the treadmill daily a few years ago. I've just started up again, but this time outdoors. I have an iPhone and use the Nike+ app, which is so great for running (it can be used on treadmills now too). It's similar to the MFP site, except Nike+ is specifically designed for running. It will track your distance, pace, duration, etc. and I find it really encourages me. The tracking is why I used to use the treadmills, so now I don't have to. It's a bit more difficult outside because of the terrain, so I'd suggest training outdoors before any kind of big race.
  • stacylynnlee
    Options
    newbie also!!!!! have lost 20 pounds on my own and am now hitting that "stuck" part.....need the extra help....very excited about this!!
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to run on the treadmill daily a few years ago. I've just started up again, but this time outdoors. I have an iPhone and use the Nike+ app, which is so great for running (it can be used on treadmills now too). It's similar to the MFP site, except Nike+ is specifically designed for running. It will track your distance, pace, duration, etc. and I find it really encourages me. The tracking is why I used to use the treadmills, so now I don't have to. It's a bit more difficult outside because of the terrain, so I'd suggest training outdoors before any kind of big race.
    I have never heard of Nike+. Where do find it? Do you have the website? Thanks ;)
  • jennlync
    jennlync Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here's the website, but you'll need the app or the microchip to use it for its intended purpose. If you have an iPhone or iTouch (with GPS), then you can download the app (very cheap - $1.99).

But, if you have an iPod, iNano, etc, without the GPS, then you need a microchip which attaches to your shoe (and the holder). I think that's closer to $30. You can get them at Best Buy, the Running Room (chaper), or order directly from the site, I think.

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_CA/plus/#//dashboard/
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Newbie to the site. Need to loose 30 lbs and need all the help I can get. need to stay motivated. I'm on my treadmill 5 days a week and need to get my portions under control. Been at this for a long time and know all the tricks but committment is an issue. If anybody has any suggestions would like to hear them.
  • sassy_2280
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful place for inspiration! :~)
  • Ntdrkyet
    Ntdrkyet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Here's the website, but you'll need the app or the microchip to use it for its intended purpose. If you have an iPhone or iTouch (with GPS), then you can download the app (very cheap - $1.99).

But, if you have an iPod, iNano, etc, without the GPS, then you need a microchip which attaches to your shoe (and the holder). I think that's closer to $30. You can get them at Best Buy, the Running Room (chaper), or order directly from the site, I think.

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_CA/plus/#//dashboard/

thanks so much for the info!