• vbodyme
    vbodyme Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bring it on!

YES!! Posted schedule
  • vbodyme
    Options
    I started the plank challenge so i"m definitely in. I just have one question. How many sets/reps are you suppose to do a day?
    Do you just do one :20 second plank a day, and so on?

Schedule posted. Says the number of reps and the time you should hold .. Let's GO!!
  • vbodyme
    Options
    I'm currently able to hold a 2 minute plank. I was at 2.5 min a few years ago. I would love to get back to that in the next couple of weeks. I'm in.

NICE .. I'm sure you'll get back to it after this one :)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'd love to!

Awesome!! Posted the schedule. Let me know if you prefer a group here or if you want to join the existing one that will start the same day on FB. Either way, not required lol .. but feel free to add me there too!!
    Either way is fine to me! Can't wait to start : )
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Whoo hooo Awesome :)
    Thanks Vanessa!

Are we going to start a group for this?
  • Chilepepper34
    Chilepepper34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go, though never got past two mins before.
  • Tetesandra
    Tetesandra Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I am in for the beginners one. I tried the other plank challenges and when it got up to 1 1/2 minutes I just could not do it. This is much more realistic for me.

Sandra
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I pinned the plank challenge twice, but just haven't started it yet since I have been focusing on c25k. I will give it a go. Will you be creating a group, or just posting in a thread in Fitness and Exercise?

ETA: how much rest time do you take between reps?
  • msmarlette
    msmarlette Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options

Good question! :)
  • AlisonHS
    AlisonHS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Being part of a group will certianly help with motivation and hopefully I'll be more likely to succeed at the challenge, although I will be doing the beginners :)
  • vbodyme
    Options
    Whoo hooo Awesome :)
    Thanks Vanessa!

Are we going to start a group for this?

You're welcome!

Sure! I already have a group in MFP. I added the challenge there! The direct link to it is below. Just find the topic "Plank til you drop Challenge" and post there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17966-fat-on-fire-journey-to-beach-body

To everybody that replied above I sent an invitation :)
  • vbodyme
    Options
    I am in for the beginners one. I tried the other plank challenges and when it got up to 1 1/2 minutes I just could not do it. This is much more realistic for me.

Sandra

I ran a 21-day burpee plank with the same idea, targeting both beginners and advanced people. It worked out so well!! So 'I'm just going to stick to this .. it's fair for all!

Keep in mind you can always modify!! The most important is to do it :)
  • vbodyme
    Options

Good question! :)

Start with 15 secs, after a few days reduce to 10 sec,s and as you feel comfortable reduce to 5 secs (I suggest getting to this by mid-second week). But no worries if you stick with 10 a little longer! Each person requires a different timing to get comfortable with an exercise so it's OK! The important is to not give up and stick to it .. Make it a goal to definitively finish the last 2 weeks with 5 secs rest time :)
  • vbodyme
    Options
    Being part of a group will certianly help with motivation and hopefully I'll be more likely to succeed at the challenge, although I will be doing the beginners :)

I looove challenge groups! Ran already 3 of them :)
  • NatsukoG
    NatsukoG Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm in
  • vbodyme
    Options
    I'm in

I invited you! Whomever else posts here from now on, just refer to the link to provided above ..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17966-fat-on-fire-journey-to-beach-body

topic "Plank til you drop Challenge" .. See you there!