the BEST protein powder

Options
124»

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Premier is pretty good. I buy their pre-made "shakes" from Costco, and 11 oz = 165 calories, 30 grams of protein, and 2 net grams of carbs. When I'm in ketosis, it makes for a great replacement if I'm too rushed to eat my eggs that morning. Heck, it even tastes pretty good!
  • RonJr88
    RonJr88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • zrod81
    zrod81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100 %whey Chocolate
    just picked up Muscle Pharm Combat chocolate/peanut butter. I little sweeter than the O.N. but still pretty good
  • LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    About Time! It is all natural, no artificial ingredients, 100% PURE WHEY protein. Great flavors (personal favorites: birthday cake, vanilla, mocha mint, peanut butter, and chocolate peanut butter). Definitely give them a try: www.tryabouttime.com - also, do a google search for promo codes. They have 25% off codes everywhere!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Optimum Nutrition 100% Soy? The Chocolate one? I can't have milk products so soy is the next best option. I tried the ON Whey powders before I found out I couldn't have milk and I loved them so I figured their soy wouldn't taste terrible.
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The brands that I prefer are:
    1. Thorne Research - Vegalite
    2. Designs for Health PaleoMeal DF
    3. Virgin Diet
    4. Amazing Grass Meal Replacement

All are extremely high quality pea and/or rice protein. They are available in at least two flavors (some in more) and are dairy (whey) free. I personally mix them up with a little frozen fruit and then sometimes add an apple or a pear, cucumber, celery, some leaf greens - spinach, lettuces and/or kale, fresh ginger, a piece of fresh citrus - lemon, lime or orange - and then some extra fiber powder. For that I use Thorne Research FiberMend or MediBulk.

Personally I don't add sweeteners but you can if you wish.

For liquid I add either 1 can of Coconut Water, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Apple Juice or Cranberry-Pomegranate Juice. Sometimes I use water.
    Note - when using the fiber powder be aware that if you don't drink the shake right away you will end up with a thick pudding like mix that you will have to eat.

(For those of you that follow me if you see those foods in my diary you know I had a shake.)
  • kejojo
    kejojo Posts: 1
    Options
    I am another Body Fortress user. I'm really picky when it comes to flavors and it's the only one I could tolerate on a regular basis. I've been trying to find ways to make them better so I'm more likely to drink them, because I've discovered by looking back that when I was drinking a protein shake for breakfast every morning I was doing better with my weight.

My most recent way of making them is adding 1/2 cup greek vanilla flavored yogurt, 1T chia seeds, water, and a teeny pinch of Xanthan gum to thicken them. Then, to add a little flavor, I'm adding sugar free coffee creamer! I saw a previous post that mentioned using the Duncan Hines mint frosting mix in for flavor and I'm definitely going to try that also!

I like my shakes to be thick. I have also used the SF/FF pudding mix as a thickener/flavor additive and it helps.

I know the artificial sweeteners aren't the best idea, but it's a lesser of two evils thing for me. Definitely not for everyone.
  • clsindc
    clsindc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I use the GNC Egg Protein in Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. He can't have dairy/casein, so it's pretty much the only one he can have, but it tastes great. We put it in smoothies, with soy milk or just water.
  • derkenmom4
    Options
    How many calories is the Syntha 6 brand?
  • derkenmom4
    Options
    I meant this brand.... Syntha 6
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is always recommended for some reason. I think it is awful.

Syntha 6 is popular as well. This one tastes better, but I prefer better quality protein.

I use protein with no hormones, and no artificial sweeteners.

I like True Athlete, and Grass Fed Whey. I want to try About Time Nutrition protein.