Do you have a favorite K-cup?

Options

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Hate to be a downer - but I really can't believe this whole 'individual portion' coffee thing took off in the first place - there is SO much packaging that is now being added to the garbage bin (landfills) every day now. Just what we need!
    Anyone else not like the system?

80% of the time we use the reusable K-cups, but yeah, this bothers me too.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like the stronger coffees like Green Mountain’s Three Continent, Diedrich’s French Roast, or Emeril's Big Easy Bold.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Kaluha. Or Mocha Nut Fudge

^^ This.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'll second the Green Mountain ones. I prefer flavored coffee, so i've tried a good bit. Love the Island Coconut and the Donut Shop Coconut Mocha..
    I just found a new one though. It was Brooklyn Beans Maple Sleigh. Very good.
    I also use the filters to make my own, but the k cups are so quick and easy for our pot at work.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I only have one cup in the morning, and my wife too. She likes a milk, weaker coffee, and I like a dark, dark, dark, bold blend. This just makes sense for us, even if there's extra packaging filling up the landfills.

I prefer the Dark Magic.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wait, what's wasteful about a K-cup? Take the lid off, dump out the used grounds, recycle. It's no different from any other plastic/aluminum/tin food storage container.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Much to the dismay of others above, I love my keurig and use it everyday at work in the afternoon. I have my favorites, for sure:

Kahlua is amazing if you like sweet coffee
    Green Mountain Wild Blueberry is my absolute fav (but it's seasonal)
    Green Mountain Southern Pecan, Caramel Vanilla Cream, Mocha Nut Fudge & Pumpkin Spice!

I've been wanting to try the Wild Blueberry, but am a little cautious about the blueberry flavor of coffee. Can you describe the flavor to me?

I honestly tastes the most like real blueberry that I have found in the artificial flavor world. It's very strong, but a smooth taste throughout. Not just an aftertaste of blueberry.

I'd gladly send you one, but, dammit, my ridiculous overstock of them has depleted and it's not available again til like May :sad:
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i like the grove square cappuccino's. hazelnut and caramel are me two favorites. 60 calories per cup but you don't have to add cream or sugar to it. I also like the dark hot chocolate and the apple cider.
  • zrod81
    zrod81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I haven't used my Keurig in months. It started acting up and not brewing a full cup or a weak cup.

but bank when it was awseome, I really liked the Kona Blend and Texas Pecan.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Much to the dismay of others above, I love my keurig and use it everyday at work in the afternoon. I have my favorites, for sure:

Green Mountain Wild Blueberry is my absolute fav (but it's seasonal)
    Green Mountain Southern Pecan, Caramel Vanilla Cream, Mocha Nut Fudge & Pumpkin Spice!

I've been wanting to try the Wild Blueberry, but am a little cautious about the blueberry flavor of coffee. Can you describe the flavor to me?

I honestly tastes the most like real blueberry that I have found in the artificial flavor world. It's very strong, but a smooth taste throughout. Not just an aftertaste of blueberry.

I'd gladly send you one, but, dammit, my ridiculous overstock of them has depleted and it's not available again til like May :sad:

That makes me feel better about purchasing them when they become available again. Thanks! My fiance likes a really dark roast, so if I didn't like it, he wouldn't be drinking the rest of them :laugh:
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Coffee pods. They are getting harder to find because of K-Cups but the pre-made pods are biodegradable and I use them in my compost. My Mom loves hazelnut coffee and I like plain so I am able to customize breakfast. Also there is a company that now makes K-Cups which are 97% biodegradable. You can also find a machine that lets you make your own pods from scratch.
  • Wolverine_Girl
    Options
    I like the french vanilla cappuccino. :)
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love the regular Donut House one and the Golden French Toast (seasonal and out now!) is AWESOME.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

Green Mountain WIld Blueberry is my absolute fav (but it's seasonal)

I have a Senseo at home and LOVE the foamy top it gives but I drink most of my coffee at work and I LOVE LOVE the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice!
    For a regular ol' cup I prefer the Columbian Fair Trade Select with my international delight pumpkin pie spice creamers
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Two Keurigs up and died on me. I was stuck with k-kups. So dissapoint :mad:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love my keurig, BUT I use re-useable filters so that I minimize the waste. My favorite coffee to use in them is Tim Hortons Fine ground Medium roast, Organic Irish Cream and German Chocolate cake!
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cafe Escapes - Chai Latte... 60 calories of creamy spiced goodness :)

THIS!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Donut House Coffee :drinker:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wait, what's wasteful about a K-cup? Take the lid off, dump out the used grounds, recycle. It's no different from any other plastic/aluminum/tin food storage container.

Where I live, K-Cups aren't recycleable. They go into the landfill.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I love Donut Shop. It's better than the Dunkin K-cups. Also love the Pumpkin Spice and the Caramel Vanilla Cream. I also use the My K-cup for regular coffee.