sounds good?... but is it lol

Options
i usually pick a big meal to cook on Sunday to eat during the week and wanted to ask you fitness guru's:flowerforyou: if this seem okay to have .. im on a 1200 calories just to start right now. thanks and please dont be rude just asking a question. im gonna leave out the bacon

here's the recipe:

Baked Potato Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 5 • Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 207.6 • Fat: 7.8 g • Carb: 22.5 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 11.9 g

Ingredients:

2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup light sour cream
10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)

Directions:

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.

Replies

• peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    and substitute the cauliflower for broccoli
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Potato and cauliflower go well together, but I'm sure broccoli will be just as nice. Rather than topping with cheese and bacon, you could add a tablespoon of natural yoghurt to make it crwamier
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It's only 200 calories... why not have the bacon?
    also broccoli seems nice
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i usually pick a big meal to cook on Sunday to eat during the week and wanted to ask you fitness guru's:flowerforyou: if this seem okay to have .. im on a 1200 calories just to start right now. thanks and please dont be rude just asking a question. im gonna leave out the bacon

here's the recipe:

Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:

1/2 cup light sour cream

Directions:

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.

It's ok; not the healthiest of recipes because of the chicken broth, milk and sour cream and cheese.... unless they were the VERY best quality... bacon would be fine too if the BEST quality. A calorie of one food is the same as a calorie of another. Also, where is the sugar tracking?
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe almost like this one that uses FF cream cheese. I doubt broccoli could hold up for several days,but that's just me.Any healthy food that fits your calorie count will work.Good idea for planning ahead.:wink:

If anyone wants the recipe mentioned,send private e mail.Don't know if it's copyrighted Found it on line.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'd keep the bacon- I <3 bacon! :)

Broccoli sounds great, but so does cauliflower!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

here's the recipe:

Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients:

1/2 cup light sour cream

Directions:

It's ok; not the healthiest of recipes because of the chicken broth, milk and sour cream and cheese.... unless they were the VERY best quality... bacon would be fine too if the BEST quality. A calorie of one food is the same as a calorie of another. Also, where is the sugar tracking?

Wut?
    Nothing wrong with broth, milk, cream or cheese.
    And there's no need to track sugar in a recipe without sugar added.

Recipe is fine. I'd add garlic and onions and leeks. And a little white wine. Salt.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

Wut?
    Nothing wrong with broth, milk, cream or cheese.
    And there's no need to track sugar in a recipe without sugar added.

Recipe is fine. I'd add garlic and onions and leeks. And a little white wine. Salt.

Ditto: on the 'nothing wrong with broth/dairy'
    Ditto on the additional ingredients!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love Gina's Skinnytaste.com recipes. I use them often. They always turn out perfect without a lot of tweaking and my husband likes them too. Don't change a thing.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Is it ok for what? You can eat what you like if it fits your macros that are helping you achieve your goals.... Id need to eat 2-3 cups for a meal...probably with something else!

I don't really do dairy, and make creamy soups without it...I'd add leek, and roast the vegies with garlic cloves before simmering with stock for extra flavour.
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would ditch some of that low fat stuff and add real sour cream and cheese (or regular cream cheese). Fat is not the enemy and would actually HELP you. I would probably try plain coconut or almond milk to cut some dairy--I'd rather have my dairy in cheese! Real Fat would slow the insulin response to the carbs in the potatoes, make you feel and stay fuller and taste wonderful. The recipe sounds great and lots of cauliflower a big plus.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Add the bacon, and use full fat milk.
    And eat more!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Add the bacon, and use full fat milk.
    And eat more!
    This!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    More veggies cauli and broccoli perhaps, I would personally lose the broth and make something myself with onions garlic wine, maybe sauteed in a little butter.

And no low fat cheese for me please. Something like this a little Stilton goes a long way!