Weight Loss Plateu

Options
Whats up?! I've been on this lifestyle change for two months now and I have been officially "plateued." I've only lost 5lbs and the scale says I have gained it back but my body doesn't look that way. I've been eating a lot of vegetable such as broccoli and my protein intake has increased by eating tuna but the scale does not budge. At first, I used Nike Training Club and exercised 3x a week. Now I exercise 4-5 times a week and the scale number remains the same. Any tips?

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food on a digital scale and logging everything?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

+1
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

+2
  • Serenj
    Serenj Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually put what I will eat for the day on MyFitnessPal before I eat so I know if I go over my daily nutrients.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure your food? Just writing it down is not enough.

It is hard to give advice when no one knows your details....current weight...height...

How many calories are you eating?

How much water do you drink?

Again...the most important question is...do you weigh and measure your intake?
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Have you tracked your measurements? I lost only 0.8 lbs but my measurements show 7.5 inches lost (almost 3" off my thigh and about 1" off my chest, waist, and hips) in that same time frame (10 days). I exercise about 1 hour 6-7 days per week and keep my calories to about 1700 per day. The scale does not always show your progress. Tracking your measurements give you another way to track your progress.????
  • Kitof
    Kitof Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A few comments:

1) Muscle is more dense than fat. Do you have one of these fancy scale to give you your body composition (water, muscle, bones, fat, BMR). Another method is to measure the fat thickness on the skin.

2) Increased level of salt would lead to increased water in the body and extra weight - I would watch salt very carefully.

3) I find the "plateau problem" interesting when people have lost weight and maintained it; I am wondering if it just means that there is a balance between the calorie intake and the calorie consumption. As we lose weight, we should at some point expect to eat less (as there is less "body" to feed).
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    if i'm reading your ticker corcectly and you want to lose 95 pounds, there is absolutely no way you should plateaud after having lost 5 pounds

1. you may be logging but are you weighing and measuring it or just eyeballing your portions?
    check out this video for more info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

2. MFP databases are not 100% accurate. i recently found something that was listed as being 600 calories for the serving size than the actual numbers! that's the largest discrepancy i've found but most are in the 100-200 calorie range. things that you can actual go look at the back of the package and see that what's in the database is wrong. so now what i do is double check if something looks too good to be true AND if i have no way of verifying i take the option with the highest calorie count i can find.

3. are you eating your exercise calories back?