What to do After Insanity?

Options
Hey Guys. I'd firstly like to say that I have about 2 weeks left of my first round of insanity and its going incredibly well. My body fat is down and I am considerably more toned than when I began. It's safe to say I'm approaching the best shape of my life although I'm only 22 and played sports in high school. I'm very sure I've never achieved this level of fitness (4 years of college didn't help, as you can imagine). There have been some bumps in the road but I am VERY happy with my results and can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go!

My question is what have people done after completing insanity, if anything? I'd like to focus on building some muscle while still implementing cardio into my weekly routine. For this reason I'm considering doing a Focus T25/Les Mills Pump hybrid workout. I would like to do P90X but its just not possible for me to use the pull-up bar as there is literally no place to put it in my basement, where is the only place I have any real space for working out. My question is if anyone has tried this type of workout, how it went and any tips they might be able to give. I believe I would need dumbells for T25 and a barbell with some 5 and 10lb weights for LMP, which isn't a problem.

Also I've found this calendar for the T25/LMP workout: http://getfocusedstaypumped.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/download1.jpg
Let me know what you think, any and all responses help!
-Kevin

Replies

• melybelyc
    Options
    Hey there! T25 is a great workout - I am almost done and I finished Insanity before that. Once I have completed Insanity I am moving on to P90X3. T25 gives you a resistance band, so there is no need to purchase weights if you are not able to. P90X has a modifier in it for those who cannot use/have a chin up bar - so you are safe there as well. Les Mills Pump comes with a barbell if you order it through BB. If you are looking to gain mass, Body Beast is a great program that focuses on bulking up (just ordered that one myself too)

Congrats on your hard work! It sounds like you really committed and got the job done!
  • lelliott0307
    lelliott0307 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just completed my T25. I didn't order the Gama phase so I can't speak for that but I did t25 after completing insanity. I feel like I lost a bit of the muscle that i gained from insanity. Iv noticed my ability to do push ups has lessened over time while doing the t25 BUT I feel like I toned and leaned at the same time. My results from t25 are great but I did lose muscle. My stomach is flatter now and I lost an inch in my thighs but I think that's some of the muscle loss. Overall it's a great fast workout that gives results!