Looking for more MFP friends!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for more MLP friends to chit chat with on exercise tips, recipes and motivation.

About me: My name is Erin, I'm 32 and a clinical manager for a PBM. I was always relatively good health-wise until moved from retail to corporate and got a desk job. Holy moly, what a difference standing on your feet and working in a retail pharmacy makes. I gained 85 pounds steadily over the last 3 years. It's time to get healthy again as the hubby and I want to try for kids in a few years and I know it's better for my health to start this at a healthy size.

Anyhow, that's me!

Replies

• 1871farmhouse
    1871farmhouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin

I am 46 and started this journey about a year and a half ago. I am 5'2" and weighed 212! My blood pressure was getting up there, I was tired and sick of shopping in the plus section! I currently weigh 155 and feel fantastic! My goal is 145 although as time goes by and I have gotten to know my body better I realize the number on the scale is just a number...how my clothes fit is a much better gauge on how I am doing. I am rocking a size 8 right now! My best advice is to keep focused, get moving and don't get discouraged if you have an off day, just keep making better choices and it will start showing...it takes time! I started out walking 20 minutes and now I run 5km 4times a week! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would enjoy my workouts! I found the MFP app fantastic for tracking my calories, kept me motivated. Good luck on your journey! ~ Christine
  • ErinSchramm
    Options
    Thank you Christine!
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Will send you a friend request. I suggest you join the 90 day challenge. We have a great leader, lots of energy and just a nice size group. I am only up 12 pounds this time but I am yo-ying from my big weight loss in 2007!
  • naderabed
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nader. I went Vegan about 6 weeks ago, two days after Thanksgiving 2013. Since then, and with the help of lots of exercise, I have lost over 20 pounds in the past 6 weeks and feeling much better. I've got about 50 pounds to go, and am having a great time doing it :)
  • AshleySDJ
    AshleySDJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! You and me are in the same boat! I am looking to lose about the same amount of weight as you , because like you, my husband and I want to try for our own family!! I cant wait to become a mommy!! :) good luck on your journey!! :)
  • willedwards
    Options
    nadar,
    my name is will i went vegan the beginning of january, do you have any good menus i could follow