GOOD TIME FOR EATING

Options
WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST IS A GOOD TIME FOR EATING DINNER? I THINK I'M EATING DINNER TOO LATE. I USUALLY WORK OUT AROUND 7:30PM AND AM NOT FINISHED UNTIL ALMOST 9. THEN I EAT DINNER. IS THIS TOO LATE? I USUALLY LAY DOWN FOR BED AROUND 11:30PM OR 12AM.

Replies

• andrea2008
    Options
    WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST IS A GOOD TIME FOR EATING DINNER? I THINK I'M EATING DINNER TOO LATE. I USUALLY WORK OUT AROUND 7:30PM AND AM NOT FINISHED UNTIL ALMOST 9. THEN I EAT DINNER. IS THIS TOO LATE? I USUALLY LAY DOWN FOR BED AROUND 11:30PM OR 12AM.
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    Options
    that's about correct. The general rule I have been following is usually don't eat 2 1/2 to 3 hours before bed. After a workout, it is good to get protein back into your body as well.
  • IrishRosebud
    Options
    I don't believe that there is a certain cut-off time for dinner. Most of the time we hear things like "no eating after 7or 9pm," it is to help cut down on late-night snacking. Eating dinner late does pose problems: If there's a lot of time between lunch and dinner you might find yourself snacking too much or tending to overeat at dinner.
    Ideally you should eat the majority of your calories when you are the most active. If you're very active in the evening, then eating a later dinner might make sense. To help figure out the time you should eat, look at the rest of your day and your meals. You don’t want to eat and then be non-active for the rest of the night even if you go to bed 2 hours later. By non-active I mean eating dinner and then sitting and watching TV for 2 hours before bed (for example). Yes, your still up but there is no activity.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yes...there's lots of controvery with this. Sometimes my hubby and I don't end up eating until like 9 at night (we are really busy people) and I haven't had any major problems. So...I think it depends on everyone individually.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think that for me that would be entirely too late...but it may be one of those things that is a personal preference...whatever works for you...I usually eat between 5:30 and 6 and exercise after...I love coming home tired and sweaty, taking my shower, and then settling in for the evening.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to you. I go to bed around 11:30 and that would be to late for me especially if you eat something heavy. I try to eat bevore 8 but since my hubby comes home late from work it doesn't always happen. I have noticed that if I eat earlier, I don't have nighmares:grumble: so a lot of times i will eat dinner around 6 and then have a little snack bevore bed. I think it's a preference thing and what works for you, just make sure you rather eat 5 to 6 smaller meals then 3 big ones. Hope that helps