What to do with Roasted Chicken

Options
Long story short, I received a free roasted chicken. I had 1/4th of it tonight with a baked sweet potato. It was delicious, of course, but I am trying to think of other ways or sides to eat with it for the next several nights so it doesn't seem so stale.

Ideas?

Replies

• Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tacos
    Curry Chicken salad
    Soup
    Homemade chicken pad thai, lo mein, ect

You can also use the carcass (bones) to make chicken stock
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Make cold chicken salad, dice chicken, add mayo, Dijon mustard, chopped celery.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir fry. Chicken tacos.
  • melissa44
    melissa44 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Shredded Chicken Quesadillas :)
    Scrambled eggs with shredded chicken and veggies
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    All of the above! You can all cut it up in individual servings and freeze. Take out a piece when you want.
  • teabeeten
    teabeeten Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would shred it and then freeze it. It's quick and easy to throw into a soup, reheat for quesadillas, add to pasta, etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken is a staple around here...you can obviously do what you already did..but additionally, we us it for burrito/taco stuffing, soups and stews, casseroles, etc. My 18 m.o. likes when I cook a little orzo in some chicken broth with some celery and carrot and a little of that chicken too...he goes nuts for it.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Bell Peppers

Seasoned or unseasoned rice. ( I prefer seasoned brown rice. You can cheat and use herb and garlic or chicken rice a roni.)
    Chicken meat chunks (I do at least 50% Rice/Chicken, but I like meat)
    Bell peppers of your choice. (Green are tangy. Red or Yellow are sweeter)

Cook Rice and add pre cooked Chicken chunks near the end of cooking. Preheat oven to 350* Fahrenheit. Cut top of pepper and hollow out. Fill pepper with rice/chicken mixture. Spray cookie sheet with light film of olive oil. Place stuffed peppers on cookie sheet. Use toothpicks or metal utensils as needed to help keep peppers upright. Bake 20 minutes or until pepper is soft and top of rice begins to crisp.

Whatever side you would like... Baked Yams/Sweet potatoes for me. Maybe salad...

I don't generally like peppers, but I eat them this way and love it!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Quesadillas, frittata, chicken salad. So much chicken, so little time!
  • DietingDanielle
    Options
    I'm on day 2 (*newbie) of this serious fitness goal. I have prewashed organic spinach salad mix ready to toss in things and quick at a moments notice (my biggest problem was 'fast food'.) Ive added it to whole wheat wraps which virtually have no fat, and a littl ebit of feta crumbled (that has 90 cals a cube so be careful but its delish and serves the fat content purpose) I added sliced roast chicken (skinless) and tossed some vinagrette on it) Even the hubs and kid loved it! (they added the steamed rice too but I avoided that :)
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    Sandwiches? I'm a boring eater.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    You could add a little bbq sauce for pulled chicken, or add buffalo sauce for a buffalo wrap. Shred a little and add to some salsa on a tortilla with or without cheese for a quesadilla. Chicken salad made with a little greek yogurt could be nice.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Fry up some bacon, make club sandwiches without the middle layer of bread. Essentially BLT's plus roasted chicken. YUM! Free is good!:happy: