How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Roobean33
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but officially take the number every friday. If you weigh everyday you will see quite a bit of flux - if this discourages you, don't do it! I use it as way to motivate myself...and just curious. :)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    daily, but i weigh in once a week. i don't stress over the numbers on the scale, i just like to know....if i'm on course and anything i need to do different.

Same! It just helps keep me in check.
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I stand on my crappy scale every Sunday morning and I do my measurements right after. I record it all as I go since I have my phone right next to me. Keeps me honest.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Every Monday morning. - Not naked *L*
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I would suggest once a week, early in the morning, before you eat, and completely nude.

If you need a hand with that let me know :flowerforyou:

I weigh in once a week on Sunday after church before Breakfast
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale a few times a day, but only update once a week. I like to see the fluctuations, I think it's interesting! I might be a little addicted to seeing the numbers, but not obsessed!
  • SyreetaJayne1
    Options
    I weigh in once a week the same day (tuesdays) in the evening, and record my weight.
  • kyasarin381
    Options
    My scale is in the bathroom so I weigh myself everytime i'm in there. It's a little obsessive, but I like to know what I weigh and it keeps me on track. I don't think about snacking if I know what I weigh throughout the day. It's a little reminder to do well. :)
  • jacknikon
    jacknikon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale...try to weigh myself every other week when I get down to the gym. More than that seems obsessive, anyway. Go with how you feel not what you weigh.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every week but I started losing inches when the scale didn't move and it was discouraging, so now I'm going for just once or twice a month. I haven't made up my mind yet.

I think it all depends on your mindset. If you are okay seeing a higher number due to fluctuations do it every day, if you get discouraged because of a number then every week, every other week, or once a month.
  • Atnisbet
    Atnisbet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday after going to the BR, in PJs...Sometimes I struggle with the scale, but its very disheartening to weigh in more than once a week....too much up & down..
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    I know it's not recommended but i still do.. take my weight everyday. I don't really weigh myself before i join this site but since i start counting calories, i can't help but be excited to weigh myself every morning. Disappointments aside, no harm keeping a record i guess. ;)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but Friday morning is the only one that counts. That way, damage from the weekend is minimised.
  • jessie819
    Options
    I would suggest once a week, early in the morning, before you eat, and completely nude.

This is def. what I'm going to do :)

If I weigh myself everyday I'll make myself crazier lol!
  • jessie819
    Options
    Every morning, but Friday morning is the only one that counts. That way, damage from the weekend is minimised.

I've decided to go with Monday morning, that way it keeps me under control on the weekend :)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i like to weigh myself everyday with all my hiking gear winter clothes steel toe boots my backpack and kitchen supplies do this 12 times a day see once i get down to 180 with all that gear on i know ill be in great shape :laugh:

alright all kidding aside once a day in the morning after i pee if i see a weight gain i work out harder that day :drinker: official "weigh in" is friday and monday i do this that way i can keep me accountable for my weekends :devil: