3 oz of baby carrots

Options
2»

Replies

• carrieb98
    carrieb98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really scloyd, some people can't just go out and buy a scale on a whim. There are those of us that are on a strict budget and this would be an indulgence. Shame on you.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the other responses. Go to Wal-Mart and get a food scale,
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Depends on the size but based on my scale, a typical baby carrot about the size of your index finger usually winds up being .45 ounces. Usually 7 carrots comes to 3.0 +- half an ounce.

Rigger
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Sigh. double post
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a scale and I still wouldn't weigh carrots. I didn't get fat by eating carrots and if the ten extra calories from eating an extra baby carrot or two makes the difference, then I'll probably stay fat.

I will say, though, that using the scale for things like pasta, rice, and meat got things moving in the right direction when I was stalled. That's worth being uber-careful about. A carrot, not so much.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Wrap them in suran wrap.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    A scale is like $10.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    A scale is like $10.
    And if $10 out of your budget is going to make or break you (and I'm not saying that's impossible), then worrying about the difference between 35 calories of carrots and 100 calories of carrots is truly the least of your concerns. Give yourself permission to assign your energy and focus appropriately where it is needed most.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Really scloyd, some people can't just go out and buy a scale on a whim. There are those of us that are on a strict budget and this would be an indulgence. Shame on you.

strong first post.

a scale can be had for under $20. it's an incredibly valuable tool for correct logging.

he wasnt rude and doesnt need to be "shamed".

breathe.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Depends on their size. One bag I bought they were all skinny another bag they were fat. I buy the peeled ones in the bag and because of this I Just Weigh Them Out !! Love my scale :)..
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    about a handful unless you have giant hands. but they are baby carrots -eat two handfuls they are good for you
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    is 35 calories.

How many baby carrots would that be exactly?

I didn't have a scale for a long time. While not exact I did my calorie count by researching my food online. There are several sites that you can use. While maybe not as accurate as the scale that I use now it will get you close.

Having to look up calorie counts made ME responsible for what went in to my mouth.

There are 160 calories in a pound of baby carrots (according to the site that I use). Just divide your carrots in to 4 approximately equal servings and that will give you about 40 calories per serving.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    About 11 in my experience, but I think a few extra are unlikely to ruin your diet ;-)

(Please don't listen to the person who says buy a scale or don't eat them, what a ridiculous notion, they're very good for you)

^ Really? Get a scale or don't eat them? They. Are. Carrots. Wow. Way to be supportive.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have a scale and I still wouldn't weigh carrots. I didn't get fat by eating carrots and if the ten extra calories from eating an extra baby carrot or two makes the difference, then I'll probably stay fat.

I will say, though, that using the scale for things like pasta, rice, and meat got things moving in the right direction when I was stalled. That's worth being uber-careful about. A carrot, not so much.

THIS!!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

While I have certainly had times when I could not have bought a scale at any price...IMO...the OP has access to the internet. Why not make the effort to do some research before starting a thread to find out exactly how many carrots are in a 35 calorie serving.

We are not helping any body by doing the work for them...instead we need to be giving them advice on how to do it for themselves.

Now you might think "Shame on ME" but really...is the OP going to start a thread for every bite that goes in his mouth?
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I find this website very helpful

http://www.calorieking.com.au/foods/portionwatch/