Fitness magazines

Options
Can anyone recommend a magazine to help give me tips and keep me on track?
Maybe a fitness/ nutrition one? With some recipes and fitness tips and articles relating. Im not sure if you can get it all rolled into one magazine but if you can it would be amazing!!
I see a huge selection in the shops but never know which one to buy.
Im in the uk btw :)
Thanks in advance :))

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't waste my money - most of the information is rubbish, based on advertising $'s, and often incorrect or misinformed

I think you're more inclined to get better info by doing your own research on the web! Find pages, blogs, Facebook groups etc with info relevant to what you believe in for nutrition and training and go from there.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Men's health is good--better than women's health. Actually, any men's fitness magazine will take fitness more seriously than women's magazines seem to. Check some out online before you buy--just to get a feel for them.
  • ThePeculiar
    Options
    I like Prevention magazine and they have a lot of content online, for FREE. But after a short time, all the magazines seem the same and shallow. You might look into books at the library. I really liked You on A Diet . The original Dr. oz book way before he sold out.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Definitely do NOT get muscle and fitness hers. Worst magazine ever, mostly advertisements.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Magazines are a waste of money.

Who buys magazines nowadays anyways when you can use the internet?
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    The only "fitness" magazine I buy is Runner's World.

I enjoy the Cooking Light magazines for more recipe ideas.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I find the fitness mags to depress me. The models or "athletes" all look beautiful. The before and after weight loss stories are probably the exception not the rule. I find these posts to motivate me more than all those mags
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replys, I shall have a look into all of them.
    The reason I was looking for a magazine was purely so that I could get away from my laptop instead of spending more time on it :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replys, I shall have a look into all of them.
    The reason I was looking for a magazine was purely so that I could get away from my laptop instead of spending more time on it :)

Your money and time would probay be better spent getting out and doing some exercise or joining a gym/class! As you get more fit and confident you'll motivate yourself...
  • pdxevergreen
    pdxevergreen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the best magazine...but I will recommend this http://magazinesforwomen.org so you can get it at a discount....