Weightloss Amounts

Options
Are most of you trying to set your weightloss to one pound per week or two pounds per week? I just want to see an estimate.

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Are most of you trying to set your weightloss to one pound per week or two pounds per week? I just want to see an estimate.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Mine says 1 pound per week, but i'll take 5 pounds per week please.
  • beachchic3030
    beachchic3030 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1.5 a week, but yeah Ill take 5 too.
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 pounds per week... I'm stubborn and i have a hard time losing weight, so if i set my sights high, i may be able to do it:grumble: I havent really stuck to the diet, but i've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks... so i guess its not too bad!!!! But do whatever works for you! Good luck!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    My goal is 1 per week, but I still try for 2 pounds. I figure some weeks I will do better than others and if my goal is 2 pounds and I only loose 1 I will feel bad, but if my goal is 1 pound I will feel great no matter if I loose 1 or 2.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Mine is 2. But I have a lot to lose, and I had gained a lot just recently from a back injury.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I actually just lowered mine to half pound per week (from 1 pound) I had not been losing anything at all then realized I was not getting enough calories. So I would rather lose 1/2 a pound a week than none at all. You really have to pay attention to taking in enough calories to actually lose the weight you want.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I adjusted mine from 1.5 a week to 2 just to see how it would go and I'm steadily losing 2 a week. I also feel like it gives me a little safety net so that if I have a less than ideal day I know I'm still within a loss zone.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am on 2 a week just because I have so much to lose...I figure 2 a week is perfectly healthy for me...once I get down closer to my goal weight I will probably reduce that to avoid going into starvation mode.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I do 2 a week right now since I have so much to lose... will adjust as time goes on and I get closer to my goal weight.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    You can't really judge how much you should lose per week by what others are losing because we are all in different situations. However, for someone without a lot to lose, then 1/2 to 1 pound per week is realistic and healthy. For those of us with more to lose, we can get in a higher daily deficit, so can shoot for 2 pounds or so a week loss.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I just recently made my goal to be the recommended 1lb per week instead of 2.. I never loose two a week anyways.. I will go two weeks without the scale budging and then all of a sudden step on and lose like four lbs.. my body likes to play tricks on me
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I just changed mine to 1 lb per week so hopefully I'll actually start losing that now.