Newbie with 100lb goal

Options
I am 32 years old. I was skinny all my life until my mid twenties. I started slowly gaining weight and instead of trying to control it then, I thought I will never get THAT big. The only time I actually lost wight was when I was pregnant. The morning sickness made it almost impossible to actually eat anything. I lost 20 lbs in my first trimester, then regained it back later. now I only wish I had the feelings of morning sickness. sweets are my weakness. I am now 250lbs. I am 5'6. my prefat days I was 120lbs. I would like to get down to 150ish. so my goal is set for 100lbs. It is hard to stay motivated and even harder to find healthy food that I like, I hate veggies. I am looking for friends with similar goals so I don't have to go on this journey alone.

Replies

• queenveef
    queenveef Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I started in Dec 2013 and also have 100+ lbs to lose - feel free to add me.
    Fruit and veggies have never been my thing, but I am slowly adding them and have started exercising.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm new to this site and I have about 80 lbs to lose. I'm 22 and have the opposite situation, I've been big my whole life. I have tried many times to lose weight but would always get discouraged. I really can't stand to be this big any more and have decided to dedicate myself to a lifestyle change.

I to have the problem with finding foods I like, but I found that what has been helping me is instead of masking the flavor of the veggie is to embrace it. LOL i know it sounds weird but I feel like I need to retrain my brain as too what is "good tasting" food. I know it can be done and hopefully soon I'll be craving veggies instead of fats :)

I'm going to add you, I would love to have someone else to share this journey with!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm proof it can be done!
  • skinnyminnie1418
    skinnyminnie1418 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    that's awesome, congrats. how long did it take you to shed the 104lbs?