Skinny jeans problems.

Options
2»

Replies

• Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    Different brands have different cuts, find a brand that is perfect for you and then never let them go.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Firstly UK size 10/12 is definitely not chubby!
    Secondly, I always struggle to find jeans that fit, if they fit the waist they're too tight on my thighs and if they fit on my legs they're too loose at the waist. It's annoying. I usually just wear a belt. Try lots of different brands to find the best fit or maybe you could find a dressmaker and get them altered?

It is slightly chubby for the OP, I'm a similar height and size and weight. An 8/10 would be better for us. I had a similar problem with a pair of size 10 jeans last week. They fit perfectly around my legs and thighs but were a bit too tight on the waist. Losing a few pounds will definitely help.

There are plenty of women that size who aren't chubby. Check yourself babe.

No. UK Size 10 is a US 6 - there isn't anything wrong with being a 10 but there are some pounds to lose. Whilst there may be 'plenty of women' who aren't chubby at that size (they may have more muscle etc) and although BMI is just a guide 140 lbs would put us both in the 'overweight' category for our height.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm your height and about your weight prepregnancy. You really need to shop around if you want to buy skinny jeans. I have man-calves and lots of the jeans fit my calves too tight. I've found even if you love a brand, the jeans won't fit consistently everytime. So, try them out and don't buy them if they are uncomfortable. Even for short girls, there is a lot out there.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11, 117lbs and carry my weight around my hips, so I have the worst problem finding jeans! But I do find jeggins so much easier to find, so I'd try that, or start shopping around.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    When buying clothes, fit the largest part of you and then have the rest tailored.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Different brands have different cuts, find a brand that is perfect for you and then never let them go.

^^This^^ The only skinny jeans that I love are Lucky Brand skinny jeans. They fit perfectly! Find yourself a Lucky store (in most malls) and give them a try. Expensive, but worth the price. Good luck!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    When buying clothes, fit the largest part of you and then have the rest tailored.

This.

Almost always less expensive than buying all new clothes.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    From personal experience which may not apply to everyone, I find Topshop and H&M's sizes are on the small side so you might want to try on their size 12s and see if that works.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm with one of the previous posters who said that unfortunately skinny jeans don't work for everyone. I'm between a size 4/6 and my skinny jeans still annoy me somedays! I'm 5'4 1/2" and 119 pounds so I feel like they should fit well but they don't fit nearly as well as my other jeans.