DR Oz two week rapid weight loss diet

Options
Is anyone going to try dr. oz'a two week rapid weight loss diet? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's bad to loose weight fast.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Yet another first post from a supposedly long-time user. Profile is pretty much not filled out. I smell a hack (either someone has figured out how to change the displayed Joined date, or someone is hacking inactive/barely used accounts).

As far as the diet. No. I prefer to exercise and eat right. But then, I worry more about the weight on the bar than the weight on the scale, so maybe I'm an anomaly.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Agh. It looks miserable:
    No carbs except half a cup of brown rice, no sugar, no starches, etc. All it is, is eating at a calorie deficit in the most unsatisfying way possible with the added detriment of probably having to pay for shakes and supplements. The MFP way is free and it works. I've lost 126lbs in 17 months and I still eat all the foods I love. This is an excellent link to get you started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Just don't...
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Odd you have been on here a year and a half and that is the most you have learned... to listen to Dr quack?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Odd you have been on here a year and a half and that is the most you have learned... to listen to Dr quack?

To be fair, she may have been a member for a year and a half, but that's her first forum post, could be she hasn't been to the forums before
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Ok fair enough. Yes could be so.
  • bitshred
    bitshred Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did a similar diet called the "fat flush plan". With the no carbs I. Felt. Miserable. Running was so weird with no carbs, it's like you can't do it.
    However, I did lose a lot of weight fast. But now I'm back, and I'm not doing that kind of miserable "diet" again. I would rather just make good food decisions.
  • watersue
    Options
    Does anyone know how much probiotics should be taken on Dr. OZ's two week rapid weight loss plan?
    Can stevia be used?
    Limited amounts of avacado???
    1/4, 1/2, how much per day?
  • graceflower33
    graceflower33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has said repeatedly that he has no diet and he endorses nothing.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Agh. It looks miserable:
    No carbs except half a cup of brown rice, no sugar, no starches, etc. All it is, is eating at a calorie deficit in the most unsatisfying way possible with the added detriment of probably having to pay for shakes and supplements. The MFP way is free and it works. I've lost 126lbs in 17 months and I still eat all the foods I love. This is an excellent link to get you started.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^^this. She knows what she's talking about and take a look at that link
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There is no fast way to lose weight and keep it off .

You do not need to ' follow " anyone elses plan but yours.
    Eat what you like but stick to the calorie amount your body needs. exercise and BOOM .. you lose weight.

Amy
  • Gonzafitness
    Options
    Please don't listen to OZ for sustainable weight loss advice.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No. Dr Oz is a hack. Ignore any bs that he promotes...basically, ignore him.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Is anyone going to try dr. oz'a two week rapid weight loss diet? What are your thoughts?

lose 10lbs in 10 days!
    lose up to 20lbs in 2 weeks!
    lose 5lbs in 1 week!

how many fad diets have you seen in your life that have a tagline like those (above)? probably a hundred, right?

this is because there is a real weight loss phenomenon that happens when you switch from eating at a calorie surplus to eating at a calorie deficit... you will shed the water that is stored in your muscles with your glycogen reserves (and other water in the body). uninformed people mistake this weight loss on the scale as being fat loss. it is not. it is water. and this rapid reduction in weight is temporary and only last for the first 2 weeks or so. the minute you resume eating at a surplus, you gain all of that water weight back as your glycogen reserves are replenished.

so whenever you see any such tagline for a diet, or on of your friends brags about how she lost 10lbs in 10 days, you should immediately understand what's REALLY going on.

the weight loss industry makes a great deal of $$$ every year off of this simple physiological fact. they do not want their customers to understand the actual weight loss mechanism. they want their customers to become repeat customers, which requires getting people on the yo-yo dieting cycle. some people spend 20 years on that cycle and never make any tangible progress. it's an awful place to be. however, with a little bit of knowledge on your part, you can become immune to the diet industry's fad diet sales pitches.

the more you know... literally.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I think Dr. Oz, as much as anyone, should know better than to advertise bogus weight loss plans like this. But then, he is a sell-out, so...

dr-oz-lazy-girl__oPt.jpg
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how much probiotics should be taken on Dr. OZ's two week rapid weight loss plan?
    Can stevia be used?
    Limited amounts of avacado???
    1/4, 1/2, how much per day?

Please re-read the responses to this question.
    Dr Oz info is just not worth even wondering about.
    Eat at a safe calorie deficit and move more.....The End
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't believe Dr. Oz if he said that breathing air was good for you.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't believe Dr. Oz if he said that breathing air was good for you.

^^^^This
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    images-1.jpg