Facebook question

Options
HapaHaole92
HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
If you add someone on Facebook and they haven't accepted/been on for 2 days do you send them a message or just wait? What if you have a mutual friend in common? I friend requested this guy I think is cute who is friends with someone I was friends with in high school.

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I.....
    don't know, as I always reject any requests.
    I only need my brother on mine. Anyone else can just fall off a cliff or go farm tomatoes or something on that farm game lol.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    What if the person who friend requested you has a mutual friend in common with you?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I'd just let it drop
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I need more details.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I don't accept requests from people I have never met in person or spoken to online. But if someone has a mutual friend I would reconsider. I would just wait it out a few more days. If they still don't accept just shrug it off.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    I don't accept requests from people I have never met in person or spoken to online. But if someone has a mutual friend I would reconsider. I would just wait it out a few more days. If they still don't accept just shrug it off.

Should I message them explaining that I'm a friend of the person we mutually have in common?
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I wait; I would never message anyone & remind them to friend me - I guess that's because I figure if they want to add me, they will and if not, I'm not going to beg. That's just me, though :wink:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Usually if you message a person not on your list it automatically goes to their "other" folder rather than the main inbox, and unless they actively go out of their way to check that folder they will never see it.
  • HapaHaole92
    Options
    Usually if you message a person not on your list it automatically goes to their "other" folder rather than the main inbox, and unless they actively go out of their way to check that folder they will never see it.

Yeah that's true, that's happened before :p
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would never accept a friend request from someone I didn't know, regardless of mutual friends. I assume they only want to get on my Facebook to be nosy.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You're pretty.

Bleh if he has not accepted keep it strutting.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    If it's someone I wouldn't recognize immediately I appreciate a message explaining how they know me. Otherwise I don't friend them. I have a few people who have a mutual friend in common but who I don't recognize. It makes me think they are just friend collectors or something and I have no interest in being part of that. I'd send a message saying something like "Hey, I sent you a friend request the other day but realized that you probably have no idea who I am. I'm a friend of ___ and I've seen you in ___ thread." then elaborate a bit.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Maybe they haven't been to FB in several days. For some people, FB has lost some (most?) of it's sparkle.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I would probably let it drop, and if you are interested in him try to find some other way to connect. Some people have Facebook profiles just because someone talked them into it, and they don't check it much. He might eventually get around to it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer in "if they wanted to accept they would". Yes, I get there are exceptions. I still would never send the message.

Then again, I don't accept people I don't know either, even if we have mutual friends.
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    I wouldn't send him a message, if he's interested he will accept the request and definitely no need to explain that you have one "friend" in common because he can see that for himself when he hovers over your name. He may have a girlfriend and have no interest connecting with strangers on FB, I never accept a request from anyone that I haven't recently met in person, known in the past or would make a point of talking to if I were to see them in public. If you are looking to meet someone on FB then try Zoosk, at least then you know the person is actually on there for that reason and you won't come across as desperate. That said, he might still accept the request so sit back and wait for it :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Maybe they haven't been to FB in several days. For some people, FB has lost some (most?) of it's sparkle.

^^Agreed! I rarely if ever log in to mine these days. I just haven't closed down my account as it's easy if I "need" to get in touch.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Let it sit for a week or two. send a message after a week if you like. No harm is sending a message if the request was missed.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    On the TLC tip,
    aint1.gif
    Ain't too proud to beg.

but yeah for real, if someone wants to accept....they will.