Replies

• jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    All I can say is awesome!
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Options
    That video is amazing! Count me as one of the people here who got teary eyed. :blushing:

Jonathon, you mentioned that you lift weight every day. That's crossed my mind to do this because it's easier for me to stick with something if it's a daily habit. But then I read that muscles need to rest a couple of days after being worked out. But then I think to myself, plenty of people work physically demanding jobs and their muscles aren't suffering. What's your weight training program look like? Thanks!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words, and yes please feel free to share it on your Facebooks and anywhere were someone may be inspired by it.

As far as 2 pounds a week for "healthy" weight loss, that is under specific diet and exercise, mind you guys, I eat up to 2500 calories a day, run on average 7 miles a day, and so I do not lose muscle mass I lift weights everyday. My strength has increased and my muscle percentage has dropped by less than 2% according to doctor.

Again, I was CLOSELY supervised on this transition, I was given a life span expectancy and told if I did not loss weight I would die.

You should not shoot for this loss in a 6 month time fame unless you have doctor recommendation and nutritionist recommendation to do so.

I showed the video to tell my story and show people, weight loss IS possible, HUGE weight loss IS possible. You just may need a little motivation and hopefully this video reaches at least one person who can change their life with it.

Thanks guys and gals.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Beautiful video - great that the miserable time you have had has ended up with you being so determined and focused, your dad would have been proud of you, I bet your wife and children are proud of you. :smile:

Re comments about your weight loss - you have lost a whole lot of weight, which is more than the "usual" average weight loss recommended but that would be because you would have been in the morbidly obese range, and because you were under doctors monitoring it would have been safer, and you worked hard at it. Good to see you did weights as well. I lost about 20 kg in about four months (have gone much more slowly in year since) but was very active at that time.

Well done and thanks for sharing, keep up the great work. :smile:

ETA Shard on my facebook I am very evangelistic about MFP, I always want to share the great news that it can be done with determination, exercise and calorie counting, and no fancy stuff! :laugh:
  • jwalters0616
    jwalters0616 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That video is amazing! Count me as one of the people here who got teary eyed. :blushing:

Jonathon, you mentioned that you lift weight every day. That's crossed my mind to do this because it's easier for me to stick with something if it's a daily habit. But then I read that muscles need to rest a couple of days after being worked out. But then I think to myself, plenty of people work physically demanding jobs and their muscles aren't suffering. What's your weight training program look like? Thanks!

Thank you very much for enjoying the video.

A big reason people take days off is because science proves muscles grow faster when they are resting after a workout, which is awesome. If you are like me and could easily fall off the path without SOME KIND of daily lifting, well, then slower muscle growth is better than NO muscle growth. Everyday I work out is an arm and leg day for me, but I adjusted slowly to this, do not try to do this right away because you will be uncomfortably sore. I do legs in the morning, because I love the feeling on walking on the slightly sore legs during the days, then I do arms at night so I don't have to worry about legs hurting in the morning after a hard workout and a long rest at night, which can be an issue at works, sore arms isn't a big deal in stuff I do.

I cycle days, so Even though I strength train everyday, I switch what specific muscles I do. Typically divide pushing and pulling muscle onto the same days. So chest with upper back, triceps extension with dips, chest and traps, Biceps curls with benchpress, and as for legs, i do Tons of "knee kiss" lunges where you just walk a short distance with lunges and touch the back knee to the floor, this works EVERYTHING in your leg. I do calves by themselves on days, then group together hams and quads.

hope this helps and be sure to share the video so it can help inspire others, we are all in this together. :)
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Great job. :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You are an incredible inspiration, I am so sorry for your painful losses. Your grammy and dad would be so proud of the man you have become. So happy for your new life!
  • whitway2014
    whitway2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Super Jonathon! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Your story is so much like mine that I nearly cried. My Father died of heart troubles, I was a constant target of bullying, i gave up many many times, I wish I could have made such an amazing video of my journey but I never expected to succeed. CONGRATS!
  • jwalters0616
    Options
    Your story is so much like mine that I nearly cried. My Father died of heart troubles, I was a constant target of bullying, i gave up many many times, I wish I could have made such an amazing video of my journey but I never expected to succeed. CONGRATS!

Im sorry to hear for your struggles believe me, I know how hard they are to overcome and how easy quitting feels to be. After growing into the person I have become this past year, I know quitting is harder because it comes with a greater feeling of responsibility. I hope to inspire as many people as possible with my story, but when I see comments like this and I am re-inspired myself.

Thank you and please share the video so more people can see it. thanks!
  • jwalters0616
    Options
    1250 Views in a few days and mostly from MFP, you guys are awesome!!! Keep checking it out and sharing, I making some great friends and hopefully we can inspire each other, Thanks.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    great video, congrats on taking control and smashing your goals.
  • jwalters0616
    Options
    great video, congrats on taking control and smashing your goals.

Thank you, It looks as if you have done the same with 151 lost, CONGRATS!!
  • jwalters0616
    Options
    Thank you every, video has hit 1500 views in just a few days!! Every time some one shares it, I get messages for people ready to take control of their life. Please share and thanks for watching it!!!!!
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump for later... can't wait to see this.
  • brit21187
    brit21187 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you rock buddy! Congrats you look amazing and surely encouaged me to kick into high gear on my weightlose journey! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work :-)
  • VeganJami
    VeganJami Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your video gave me goosebumps. You are freaking awesome. Keep up the great work!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Keep it up!!! I can only imagine how proud your dad would be if he could see you today! :cry:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    weird how gastric bypass surgey was the commerial they used before your video
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just incredible!! your story is touching and i'm sorry for your losses.

Keep up the amazing work!!

thank you for sharing :-)
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    IU am sure you will be at your goal soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!