I was asked if I'm "with child"... ugh

Options
It's been a few months, but the Dean at the college I used to work at asked me if I was with child. I smiled and said "No I'm just fat!" Unless I see a baby popping out, I never ask a woman if she's pregnant. I was absolutely mortified. She didn't seem phased at all. Why do people speak before thinking?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know sometimes.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    She knew full well that you weren't pregnant but didn't care about your feelings and felt like embarrassing you into action. Kind woman. Not.
    Use it as motivation to reach goal! :flowerforyou:
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I had a coworker ask me that awhile back. They didn't mean any harm in it but asking somebody if they're pregnant is just wrong. Some people are just clueless.
  • Aedon2
    Aedon2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you'll lose that weight soon enough. Although it may not seem fast enough sometimes. Some people are just not nice, and so don't listen to them. Listen to your friends on MyFitnessPal because they will support you, and help you stick to your goals. Just remember to stay healthy and give yourself time. If you lose too much too fast you'll risk your health.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I had this happen...a few times. It is horrifying every time. Luckily, since losing weight - i have not had it happen once! :D