Weighing in

Options

Replies

• manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Once a week max, have only just started weighing in again after months of not getting on the scales.
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have been on this weight loss journey for almost 16 months. I weigh every day but only record losses. Like a previous poster, I keep tabs on which foods impact my weight - usually by water weight gain. I don't get bummed if it goes up a little - it just keeps me focused on my goal.
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Myself once or twice a month I leaned toward the scale and more trying on the clothes couldn't fit the scale will drive u crazy weighing every week
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Before i started my journey here - i was in denial. I mean i knew i wanted to lose weight, but i wouldn't get near a scale. I wouldn't even allow the doctors office to weigh me - i told them - i am about ____. I was afraid to really Know.

Then i started MFP and had a total flip around. I have weighed myself every morning for about 8 months now and record it in a journal. I don't record it on MFP until i am several pounds below whatever figure it is. And now i weigh myself several times a day - before exercise, after exercise -- but not before bed - that would be my highest - so No - i wait until the next morning before i eat or drink anything.

This works for me - different folks, different strokes - just find what works for you. It was definitely fun seeing that scale go down.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Every day but I record it once a week.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. First thing in the AM, after using the restroom, in a t-shirt and undies but nothing else. If I am wearing anything heavier than a t-shirt (thermal top, pj pants) I'll remove it before weighing ;-)

I log any loss when it is sustained over 3+ days. I don't log gains. I've been on MFP for 10 months and have only had a true gain 1-2 times and usually it's just water weight that stays on for 24-48 hrs so I see no need.
  • t1954
    t1954 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    every morning for over 17 months
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most days of the week, in the mornings, just out of curiosity, but I only record my weight once or twice a week, depending on if there's a significant drop or not. I don't let fluctuations bother me too much, because they're fairly meaningless - last week at one point I gained 3 pounds mysteriously overnight, but had dropped that and two *more* pounds a few days later!
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'd echo what many others said... you have to find something that works well for you - often enough to monitor how you're doing and get some feedback, but not so often that it becomes obsessive.

For me, I jump on almost every morning but I only record once a week on Sat or Sun. I try not to get too wrapped up in the daily number since it can fluctuate so much (and doesn't always make sense or fit with what you've been doing). I know if I'm logging and staying under my target and doing the right things, the number will be there.

Good luck!
  • hudsonmj52
    hudsonmj52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Struggled ALL my life too. A 60lb 3 yr. old!!. I do exactly as clloyd5706 except to add...wearing the same thing (nothing), first thing in the AM with the scale in the same place on the floor. MFP is the easiest "diet" I've ever done and has kept me at a goal weight for years.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    every morning when i first get up. that is the weight i record
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am bad. I weight myself every day - sometimes more than once a day. I only record it when I lose no matter what day it is. OK TRUTH IS OUT NOW
  • thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but like some others I only record once a week.. It's what works for me..
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning and log daily (Withings scale). I find I learn more about my body/weight fluctuations this way plus I get prettier graphs, but weighing daily isn't for everyone.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    My WLS doctor said weigh weekly so you don't get frustrated with daily fluctuations. Then I begged "but daily is so funnnn..." and promised not to worry if it fluctuated, so he said okay. (Could always do whatever I want but it's nice he's okay with it.)

The fluctuation thing stuck in my mind though. So if it goes up or down a pound, that means very little to me. When it stays for a couple weeks then I pay attention.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Monday but I usually check how I'm doing midway through the week to see how I am doing.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i cant help but to weigh myself every morning as well. i used to log it every monday because i had a loss to record. NOW, im lucky to get a loss every now and then and i usually log it when i do.
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have decided to weigh myself once a week....first thing monday morning. I try not to weigh myself during the week, as I don't want to get discouraged or obsessed with the scale.
  • Qos_
    Qos_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I track once a week and will occasionally step on the scales a little more often than that, out of pure curiosity...
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I used to be a total scale addict, and it caused me a lot of problems. I didnt care whether I was losing fat or water, as long as I was losing something. I no longer even own scales. I'll weigh myself once a week, max at the YMCA, but I take that with a grain of salt as the scale becomes unbalanced often. I record my measurements once a week with a good ole fashioned measuring tape. I want to slim down, so thats really all I need.