Not weighing myself until Jan 1st.

Options
Ive lost my first 25lbs! WOOOT!! :happy: But for the past two and a half weeks, ive been stuck at a plateau! :(
Im getting a gym membership for my birthday (Nov 22) YAY! (this is the 3rd gym membership ive had) But hey, third times a charm, right? :P
So ive decided i do not want to weigh myself, or take my measurements, until the New Year.
I know it sounds crazy, but i know i will hopefully see a good amount of weight loss, hopefully at LEAST 15-20 lbs.
I know it will raise my spirit if i see a lot of weight loss, and make me more motivated.
So wish me luckkkkkkkk!!!!! :laugh:

Replies

• stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Good luck! I will join you too - no weighing until Jan 01!!!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Great idea and it sounds like you have a wonderful plan! I am soooo proud of you for reaching the 25 milestone - that's huge! Great job and I'm glad all your hard work is paying off. Everyone has their own way of motivating themselves, by weighing more or less often, so I think your plan to wait is wonderful and I wish you lots of luck! *hugs*
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    LUCK! I think not weighing yourself while sticking with a healthy diet and exercise plan is an AWESOME idea. I often feel great about myself and am tempted to hop on the scale for validation. Then I think "Isn't it enough that I feel great? Why do I need the scale to confirm that it's 'okay' for me to feel great?'

Anxious to hear the results :)

Charmagne
  • hybrown
    Options
    You know what...that is a good goal!! I am thinking about joining you there too. I am thinking I will give myself one more week (next Sunday) then I will hide the scale until the 1st of the new year! Thank you for that...I hope you feel/see differences daily!!
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea...I am in. No weighing until January 1st!
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    What might help you, is to do a before and after photo, write down on the back your measurements and weight, and then in January, do the same and see if there are any changes.

I don't own a scale ~ I am already anal retentive about other stuff, and worrying about that isn't something I want to take on, so I have yet to buy a scale for my home, just use the gym scale...
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    Awesome!! Im going to take my measurements, my weight, and a before photo right now! And then on jan 1st, i will be posting my results in the message board
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    Im joining in too!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I will join you too - no weighing until Jan 01!!!

i cant join you guys lol id go insane
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Oh boy....I'm thinking of joining you but it's gonna be really difficult. Lately, I've been a bit obsessed with the scale and I need to cut it out because it only makes me feel worse when I don't see a difference. Ok, I'm going to try really hard.
    Thank you for the great idea!
    Dixie
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Dixie, have your husband or sugnificate other take out the batteries and hide it from you. Then that way the OCD about the scale will be gone. Then you have to go somewhere else to weight and its not so OCD. That behavior is counter-productive with your weight and well-being.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Also I think I might join you, and take before and write the measurements down, and then post. That way I know I will be accountable come Jan1. I am going to have one of the girls at the gym measure me, my husband is no help! LOL!
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    On december 31st, ill remind everyone to take their measurements and weight and on the first ill post a topic! And we can all share our weight loss together! :)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tracy...I agree, it's totally counter productive. I started doing it so that I could get an idea of how much my weight fluctuates from day to day and then I turned into a scale addict. I think I'll weigh myself once more tonight so I'll know where I'm at and then I'm gonna have my husband put the darn thing away lol! And I'm not weighing again until the 1st....Woohoo!!!
    Dixie
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thinking of joining you... that's quite a long time though! ;)
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Going to the gym tonight to have my measurements done and then have them take a picture, the I will post. Anyone else up to the challenge of posting a before w/measurements?
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    A true plateau doesn't occur after only two weeks. A true plateau is exsperienced after *at least* six weeks of the scale completely stalling out. Aiming for almost 3 lbs. a week seems a bit lofty and unreasonable (especially over the holidays), but hey, shoot for the stars I guess.

My suggestion, face the scale, keep yourself accountable and have reasonable expecations.