Options
    I LIEK CATS N DOGS!!!

cat-sleep-on-dog.gif

sfgflw.jpg
  • Richonne2015
    Richonne2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOVE kitties!!!
    (And dogs, birds, bunnies, etc., etc....)
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1378967742-gif-o.gif
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a thread with cat gifs:cry:

never. lol. unless it gets derailed and people start posting those darned things.
    Looks like it's happening!

tumblr_inline_muf6jmZS8m1rc3mra.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I have a cat so needy we named him Velcro, so cats can be plenty affectionate and playful. That being said, love dogs too, but if I get a dog I want a DOG, not an accessory, presonally would love a rotty, but since they don't work well with apartments, will be sticking with cats for now.

Also, our cat Spaz totally plays fetch, just saying...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    znR4U.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    minipig.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    minipig.gif

Could never have pet pig, would feel too guilty while eating bacon and pork chops, and already borderline given my no eating intelligent species rule....
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    minipig.gif

Could never have pet pig, would feel too guilty while eating bacon and pork chops, and already borderline given my no eating intelligent species rule....
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    minipig.gif

"The nation’s largest meat producer [Tyson] says it has terminated its contract with an Oklahoma farm after NBC News showed the company undercover video of workers on the farm kicking, hitting and throwing pigs and slamming piglets into the ground."

"Another common cause of death [of pigs] is ulcers caused by the stress of living in the barns. The pigs' stomachs had large, bloody holes where the pigs had bled to death."

"The manager often killed sick pigs by beating them in the head with a metal rod and a hammer. The video shows the pigs crying out as the rod comes down again and again on their heads and backs. After beating one pig to death, the manager laughed and told our investigator that he shouldn't let anyone see him doing that. On another day, the manager took a pig by his hind legs, swung him into the air and slammed his head on the hard floor."

Just remember those statements when you joke about pigs and bacon. It would be far more civil of you to raise a pig as a pet and then humanely kill and process it as opposed to buying bacon at that store. Unless you're buying bacon at Whole Foods where producers must meet strict standards, your bacon likely comes from a tortured animal.
  • HapaHaole92
    HapaHaole92 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with cat gifs and cats in general. I love the Animal Planet show "My Cat From Hell":bigsmile:
  • moarlongcatplox
    moarlongcatplox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should post here.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    07ppCPk.jpg
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    07ppCPk.jpg

Grumpy cat is awesome! I love kitties.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    20275-Jumping-Cat.gif
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    kittyno_zpsc0ba10ec.jpg

maybe you're hungry ...... eat something :drinker:
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    kittyno_zpsc0ba10ec.jpg

maybe you're hAngry ...... eat something :drinker:
    FIFY.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    minipig.gif

"The nation’s largest meat producer [Tyson] says it has terminated its contract with an Oklahoma farm after NBC News showed the company undercover video of workers on the farm kicking, hitting and throwing pigs and slamming piglets into the ground."

"Another common cause of death [of pigs] is ulcers caused by the stress of living in the barns. The pigs' stomachs had large, bloody holes where the pigs had bled to death."

"The manager often killed sick pigs by beating them in the head with a metal rod and a hammer. The video shows the pigs crying out as the rod comes down again and again on their heads and backs. After beating one pig to death, the manager laughed and told our investigator that he shouldn't let anyone see him doing that. On another day, the manager took a pig by his hind legs, swung him into the air and slammed his head on the hard floor."

Just remember those statements when you joke about pigs and bacon. It would be far more civil of you to raise a pig as a pet and then humanely kill and process it as opposed to buying bacon at that store. Unless you're buying bacon at Whole Foods where producers must meet strict standards, your bacon likely comes from a tortured animal.

Trust me, I'm well aware all of this, and yes, some part of me feels bad eating pork, just not bad enough to stop, and I do try to humanely source when I can...but honestly, if we can't laugh at our failings then what's the point? I make what changes I can and that I feel are important and don't beat myself up over the stuff that I have very little control over, i.e. what some subhuman does to animals because he can.
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    minipig.gif

Trust me, I'm well aware all of this, and yes, some part of me feels bad eating pork, just not bad enough to stop, and I do try to humanely source when I can...but honestly, if we can't laugh at our failings then what's the point? I make what changes I can and that I feel are important and don't beat myself up over the stuff that I have very little control over, i.e. what some subhuman does to animals because he can.

I support your attempts at humanely sourcing, but you do have to see the irony in your statements:

-"part of me feels bad eating pork, just not bad enough to stop"
    ->you care, but not that much

-"I do try to humanely source when I can...but honestly, if we can't laugh at our failings then what's the point?"
    -> if you can't humanely source it, don't eat it. It's not that difficult. I am, however, pleased that you can laugh at yourself for not feeling "bad enough to stop"

"i.e. what some subhuman does to animals because he can"
    -> which is paid to occur by people who don't feel "bad enough to stop" eating inhumanely produced food

I'm not one to preach, but your responses are ridiculous.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    minipig.gif

I support your attempts at humanely sourcing, but you do have to see the irony in your statements:

-"part of me feels bad eating pork, just not bad enough to stop"
    ->you care, but not that much

-"I do try to humanely source when I can...but honestly, if we can't laugh at our failings then what's the point?"
    -> if you can't humanely source it, don't eat it. It's not that difficult. I am, however, pleased that you can laugh at yourself for not feeling "bad enough to stop"

"i.e. what some subhuman does to animals because he can"
    -> which is paid to occur by people who don't feel "bad enough to stop" eating inhumanely produced food

I'm not one to preach, but your responses are ridiculous.

And your responses are why people who might be sympathetic to your cause if you approached them from a place of moderation, instead ridicule and shun your cause because of perceived extremism.