Something thats more work than 30DS but not as hard as P90X?

Options
Im getting back into exercise. Like the 30 Day Shred, but im going to want something thats more of a challenge after. I've looked at the P90X workout, but that seems like it might be too much of a leap for me. Does anyone have a suggestion for a workout thats in-between? Something to help me transition.

Replies

• ButterfliesOnMyEyes
    Options
    I am using dailyburn.com. You can start as a beginner or there are alot of other videos that you can chose from. It is free for the first 30 days then it is 10.00 a month. I am on day 10 and I love it!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has free videos
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Jillian has "ripped in 30" it's like the shred only it's in 4 parts and it's set up different. Once I'm done the shred I'm gonna start that. It looks fun. there's also T25. I've heard awesome things about that but never tried it.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    P90X - and modify as needed - if it looks like the workout you'd enjoy doing.

The workouts have different levels for almost all the exercises including a modifier for lower impact versions. You might surprise yourself and be able to do more than you think.

ETA: Also check out P90X3 - same type of workouts but much shorter than the traditional P90X.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm doing JM Total Body Revolution...its kicking my @$$ but I'm loving it! I like 30 minute workouts that are hard. I've had great success 3 weeks in so far!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Extreme Shed and Shred from JM is good, and the workouts are a bit longer (about 45 min). You can also just do 30DS again with heavier weights, or try Ripped in 30. If you can complete 30DS though, and feel comfortable with it, Px90 or Insanity are probably not too much of a leap for you.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Try banish fat boost metabolism by jillian michaels it's almost an hour long...if you like using dumbbells and stomach exercises do jillian s no more trouble zones..I'm doing this one now with ripped in 30 and I love it
  • mommylessman
    Options
    I would say T25- only 25 minutes long, killer workout!
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    T25 is good (and fun). Another program I liked for the effort required, and the fun in doing it, is Les Mills Combat.
    I just find the martial art portions of it to be really entertaining and fast paced.
  • danielamariaxo
    Options
    I would definitely try P90X out... My brother did and lost nearly 100 pounds. He gained most of it back - stopped taking care of himself - but that has nothing to do with the workout. I wanted to start it before a trip I was taking to South America last fall. I did, and it was the best thing I've ever done. I literally had no workout experience and was so weak. Despite this, I prevailed - with the help of modified moves - and lost about ten pounds in the two months I did it. It is really great and trust me you do get results. If not in the weight loss, in the way your muscles grow and the strength/energy you obtain by doing so. You can inbox me if you want to chat more about it! Good luck...
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any other Jillian DVD is longer than the shred, and if you like her style you won't be disappointed. I have done the shred a few times and it never ceases to amaze me how much of a workout it actually is (though I use increased weights now). If you haven't exercised in a while than maybe do the shred and pair it with her Kickbox fast fix DVD, which has 3 20 minute workouts. I did something like this:

30DS Level1, Kickbox FF Workout 1
    30DS Level1, Kickbox FF Workout 2
    30DS Level1, Kickbox FF Workout 3

and repeat :)
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I will probably be the only person to recommend this because of it's awful marketing, but RushFit is absolutely awesome. It can be easier than P90X or it can be much harder than P90X ( I've done full cycles of both ). That's up to you and how hard you push yourself. The workouts are incredibly well designed by a trainer who truly knows his stuff. It's all either bodyweight or dumbbells, and the intensity is through the roof if you are willing to really challenge yourself on the weights, but still just excellent cardio / fitness training if you decide to go light. It does, however, have one tremendous downside. The two presenters, Erik Owings ( the trainer ) and Georges St. Pierre ( the MMA fighter ) have a total of .46 personalities between them. They are, well, not entertaining. Add that to the fact that it's marketed toward MMA fans with lots of lame references to Georges' UFC career, and it can be really dry. The workouts, however, are top notch. Both myself and my wife did a full cycle of P90X, took a month off, and did a full cycle of RushFit. She actually preferred the shorter, more intense RF workouts but kept the weights pretty light. I started out light but then went full bore and RF literally dismantled me.