Jillian Michaesls 30ds

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerjane81
    tigerjane81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's a great video. Not too long, easy to follow, the exercises are easily adaptable if need be. But don't let people scare you - it's not super hard. If you've been working out already, this won't be a huge challenge. I did 30ds as my first exercise after having my son. That combined with swimming and walking helped me drop about 40lbs in 5 months. It's good for getting your heart rate up and burning some cals without having to leave your house :) Good luck, hope you have fun with it!
  • Kuly85
    Kuly85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's a great video. Not too long, easy to follow, the exercises are easily adaptable if need be. But don't let people scare you - it's not super hard. If you've been working out already, this won't be a huge challenge. I did 30ds as my first exercise after having my son. That combined with swimming and walking helped me drop about 40lbs in 5 months. It's good for getting your heart rate up and burning some cals without having to leave your house :) Good luck, hope you have fun with it!
    thanks and congrats on your weightloss
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love all JM workouts!!!!
  • innerpeace5
    Options
    Today was day 1 of the 30 DS for me. Like many of you, I'm not going to sugar coat it either. It kicked my butt! I am 56 years old and way out of shape. I think the hardest thing for me was getting up and down off of the floor in time to start the next exercise and my bladder and jumping jacks do not get along yet. Maybe it was because it was hard, maybe it was because until now I didn't realize what kind of condition I was truly in but I had to fight back the tears a couple of times. I wanted to bail out but she kept reminding me that in order to see the results I have to stick with it, so I did. This is very emotional for me.......I need this!

BTW I took before pictures :)
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've done ~20 days so far since the end of November amongst other things... was very sore for the first week but then my body got used to doing exercise :tongue: It's definitely worth the pain, I've lost much more than I thought I would
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two of level 3. I'm still getting used to all of the exercises in plank position and I find the jump lunges and jump squats pretty intense. But I was already able to do more of the higher level exercises today, than yesterday. So I hope to get better everyday. Level three combines strength moves with simultaneous cardio. That makes it a bit intense....
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    Im currently doin this day 5 of level 1 and i was super tough to start off ith but she is so motivational constantly reminding you that if you don't work HARD you wont get the result your truly want. i have to admit her and her girls behind her are machines. i like that she has one girl for beginners and an other more advanced.
    Good luck everyone else trying it :). Also her level 1 is on youtube
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8. The more I do it, the shorter it seems. I don't know what my results will really look like yet, but I lost 2.6 pounds the first week of doing it.
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting this tomorrow - I watched level one on youtube and it looks full on, for me anyway. But I've seen some pretty awesome results from people on here and if they can do it, then so can I! Off to get some weights today so I can get going
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've done it for the 30 straight days twice.. I felt toned up when I was done. I didn't find it that difficult... so I skipped over level one. I alternate between level 2 and 3. I keep my ipod on when I do it because I know the routine... get sick of hearing the same comments. lol You can list it as circuit training... I wear my heart rate monitor when I do it... not a big calorie burn but it definitely helps tone you up. Push ups and plank moves... really help tone your arms. Very quick workout... no excuse not to do it! Good Luck! :smile:
  • Kuly85
    Options
    Today was day 1 of the 30 DS for me. Like many of you, I'm not going to sugar coat it either. It kicked my butt! I am 56 years old and way out of shape. I think the hardest thing for me was getting up and down off of the floor in time to start the next exercise and my bladder and jumping jacks do not get along yet. Maybe it was because it was hard, maybe it was because until now I didn't realize what kind of condition I was truly in but I had to fight back the tears a couple of times. I wanted to bail out but she kept reminding me that in order to see the results I have to stick with it, so I did. This is very emotional for me.......I need this!

BTW I took before pictures :)
    this my 2nd attempt I tried last year and gave up 15 minutes into the workout. I can't do a push up so I do them standing against a wall until I can. It is hard but we can do it!
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I've done ~20 days so far since the end of November amongst other things... was very sore for the first week but then my body got used to doing exercise :tongue: It's definitely worth the pain, I've lost much more than I thought I would
    congrats
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I'm on day two of level 3. I'm still getting used to all of the exercises in plank position and I find the jump lunges and jump squats pretty intense. But I was already able to do more of the higher level exercises today, than yesterday. So I hope to get better everyday. Level three combines strength moves with simultaneous cardio. That makes it a bit intense....
    I suck at lunges for some reason lol. I can imagine how level 3 will be
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I'm on day 8. The more I do it, the shorter it seems. I don't know what my results will really look like yet, but I lost 2.6 pounds the first week of doing it.
    that's great! I said same feels shorter now but I know level 2 won't feel that way lol be my luck
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I've done it for the 30 straight days twice.. I felt toned up when I was done. I didn't find it that difficult... so I skipped over level one. I alternate between level 2 and 3. I keep my ipod on when I do it because I know the routine... get sick of hearing the same comments. lol You can list it as circuit training... I wear my heart rate monitor when I do it... not a big calorie burn but it definitely helps tone you up. Push ups and plank moves... really help tone your arms. Very quick workout... no excuse not to do it! Good Luck! :smile:
    lol yes it do get tiring hearing the comments I muted her today lol.I use my ft4 I burned 204-228 =( so I got on treadmill did 45 min. I'm trying to get better at push ups I suck so I do them on the wall.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS in July and had great results with it! Just make sure to keep your diet in check while you do it though. Keep tracking your calories on MFP. If you eat like crap while doing the 30DS you're not gonna get results. Good luck! You can do this! :smile:
  • Kuly85
    Options
    I did the 30DS in July and had great results with it! Just make sure to keep your diet in check while you do it though. Keep tracking your calories on MFP. If you eat like crap while doing the 30DS you're not gonna get results. Good luck! You can do this! :smile:
    thank you
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I've finished Level 1 and start Level 2 today. In these first 10 days I've lost 4.4 pounds!
  • clarishi
    clarishi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow inskydiamonds, congrats!!!

Today I´ll be doing day 9 of Level 1. My husband started it with me so that I could get more motivation. He took 2 days off so far (one day he played soccer, the other was Sunday LOL), but so far I´m trying to do the 30 days non-stop.

I have not weighed myself, but I definitely feel more toned up (he sees it, too!), and my endurance is slowly getting better. I was extremely sedentary, I spend 10 hours a day sitting on a chair for work, so this was quite a challenge. Beyond all results, I´m just HAPPY to be doing this, to be moving! :)