New to the site, new to dieting socially! Looking for friend

Options
I spent a lot of time looking around at all the different websites for diet tracking and I thought this site was the best fit for me! It has easy to use tools, a great food database, and it's visually appealing as well. (Last part is important to a graphic design student, haha)

Anyway! My name is Ella and I'm 21 years old. I've always been a little overweight while growing up but this year I've gained 20 pounds in the past 6 months! On top of that, I've been diagnosed as hypothyroid and my medicine is in the process of being tweaked to actually work for me. I just hit 190 pounds and I decided enough was enough, I need to lose this weight. I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is currently 135 lbs.

A little about me, since we'll be friends :p I'm a full time graphic design student and a part time Lenscrafters lab employee. I'm a huge nerd but I also manage to have an awesome social life. I enjoy music, reading, gaming, traveling, photography, science, animals...etc, etc. Just let me know if you want to know more :]

Most of my friends are super tiny and have no desire to work out, sooooo I have come to you, internet, to find some support in my journey. Nice to meet everyone!

Replies

• barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope u get a lot out of this site!!
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Remember it is a life style change not a diet. :) Best of luck to you!!!!!

Karen
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! Remember it is a life style change not a diet. :) Best of luck to you!!!!!

Karen
  • bhonniered
    Options
    Welcome! Explore the message boards - there is some great information out there. Additionally, there are a lot challenges that you can join that help to motivate. Sent you an add....
  • skylersnanna
    Options
    welcome-neon-blue-ag1.gif you've come to the right place :happy:
  • reginabroyles
    Options
    Welcome!!! THis is a great site! I just started on here last week myself! Good Luck to you and I will add you to my list! I just love all the support we get from each other!
  • izzys1mom
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined last week and have loved it....it is great to be accountable for everything I put in my mouth and to watch my calories burned from exercise add up. I know what you mean about skinny friends, I can't get anyone to join me here so like you found MFP for support. Everyone here has been a great source of insperation. Best of luck on your journey.
  • Endeavors
    Endeavors Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! This is one of the friendliest communities I've ever joined.