Ladies, is Tom sabbotaging your diet?

Options

Replies

• mmia73
    mmia73 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi im Mia. I have the same problem with sugar bread white mind you at that time of the month. Im am incorporating healthy sweets and nut butters in my diet. Nutella and celery does the trick for me. Just try to savor every bite. I know its hard but its so worth it. Even a chocolate portion shake is satisfying and delicious.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I think our metabolisms actually increase slightly during our periods. So, our appetite increases. We also may experience a little water retention that, combined with our heightened appetites, makes us feel like we're gaining weight.

Why on earth would you think that a little menstrual bleeding would increase metabolism? Metabolic changes happen over time, not quickly from one day to the next.

You clearly don't understand how hormones affect your body.

Pretty sure I do. Hormones affect how our body stores fat and where, and imbalances can affect such things, but not metabolic calorie burn in any way that would affect weight gain over a couple of days based on intake.

http://www.metaboliceffect.com/female-effect-hormones-determine-female-fat-patterns/
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    It makes fighting cravings more harder yeah. But I'm trying to get better to tackle it. I don't usually crave sweets any time, I usually want more bread and carbs and cheese type stuff. But it could only sabotage my diet if it lasted like 12 months or something. It's just for about 7-10 days and then afterwards (and during if I'm strong enough) to battle impulses and nothing too bad happens.
  • Savyna
    Options
    No, if anything I walk more because my TOMS are so comfortable.

Seriously, can we not write period or menstruation on here?
    I agree...I was so confused at first as to who the h..l tom was. I literally thought she was talking about someone only to finally realize she meant her period. Maybe some people are just uncomfortable with the word period
  • Savyna
    Options
    Hi im Mia. I have the same problem with sugar bread white mind you at that time of the month. Im am incorporating healthy sweets and nut butters in my diet. Nutella and celery does the trick for me. Just try to savor every bite. I know its hard but its so worth it. Even a chocolate portion shake is satisfying and delicious.

I just saw your post and just wanted to reply that my name is Mia too haha. I just thought that was neat.
  • mandi_spicer
    mandi_spicer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No, every time I see Tom Hiddleston I pretty much drool

Agree.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wish I had a built in excuse. Alas. ;-)

Pretty sure it *could* be arranged for you to bleed from your fun parts once a month. :wink:

PMT'ing so hard right now. I am super sleepy (hello 10+ hours sleep a night), cramping up despite massive amounts of painkillers, a chest so horribly tender so that it is painful to walk quickly or even up/down stairs and wanting to eat ALL THE THINGS. ALL OF THEM.

For at least 7-10 days a month. It is pretty ****ty. :grumble:

(and this is it made BETTER with birth control)
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Few days before mine started I was so hungry and craving junk food...my scale went down weirdly enough. Seems at the time it wants to stay still. I see a little of the weight creeping up but as I'll be done with exams (hooray) and finished with TOM it'll be time to put it in place
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    FYI God kills a kitten every time a TOM thread appears on MFP.

RIP sweet little kitten :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

but if you cover 'em with chocolate, the chicks on the rag will eat 'em.
    problem solved.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options

problem solved.

Further proof anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is actually the spawn of Satan. :devil:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

problem solved.

Further proof anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is actually the spawn of Satan. :devil:

Total Stephen King plagiarism!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I have been seeing this thread on my feed for days and I didn't realize it was real. Is this sad for me or sad for those who took it seriously?
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Since Friday it's been so bad :( I ate nothing but ice-cream today... Feel mega guilty. Not sure how to supress those crappy cravings though...
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    OP, birth control doesn't help the cravings, it helps my physical symptoms, cramps, muscle aches, tiredness etc. But I still eat, like an entire wildebeest in a sitting
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Since Friday it's been so bad :( I ate nothing but ice-cream today...

what flavor?!
    Not sure how to supress those crappy cravings though...

hysterectomy
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    yep it sucks!! Starts about a week before for me, cause i'm just generall more tired and dont feel like bothering making healthy food and stuff (so bad i know!) plus my skin always looks like crap and i just feel blah. It's pretty terrible!

I'm sure BC helps i was on it for a long time, it helped with my skin too. What it did not help with was my sex drive so i have to pick and choose my battles.....
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    He likes chocolate n various carbs so I feed those things to him.
    It keeps us both satisfied.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I dont crave sweets. I crave salts or carbs usually...I notice eating more protein and more veggies and fruits I dont crave salts or carbs as much now

Ditto! I crave pizza and pasta especially. I could just sit there and binge on tortellini. I try to override my cravings with rational thought, but let's get real... that doesn't usually work!