What weight did you feel comfortable wearing a bikini at?

Options
I have a lot to go still so there is not chance I'll be "done" by swimsuit season, but I am curious about when you all confidentially put on a bikini? I'm thinking about buying one for this summer whether or not I'm at my goal weight. :)

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    One thing you have to remember is there will always be someone who looks better than you in a bikini AND there is always someone who looks alot worse. That being said, I'm 148 now and comfortable in a bikini. Mostly because i carry my weight in hips/thighs so a good sarong or a skirted bikini makes me look not too bad.
  • thepinkleprechaun
    Options
    Probably no weight because the skin on my stomach is all stretched out from having kids and I hate it!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It had nothing to do with what weight I was at and everything to do with how I felt :smile: I started rocking a bikini this year (2013) for the first time ever and I was confident doing so. The way I looked it was that I'm not hiding anything from anyone when it comes to a bathing suit.....even in a one piece everyone can see what ya go, ya know? I just made sure to pick ones that fit me well and that there wasn't extra stuff hanging out where it shouldn't be!

Go on and rock your bikini if you feel confident....who cares about your weight! :drinker:
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't feel it has that much to do with weight. I'm not overweight, but am not in very good shape at the moment, so I'm sure there are plenty of women who weigh 10, 20, or 30 lbs more than me who look MUCH better in a bikini than I do! I think it "looking good" in a bikini is more dependent on body fat percentage, muscle tone, and genetic body shape. And attitude!

And even though my body isn't in a great place right now, I still feel "comfortable" in a bikini and have no problem wearing one. If anyone doesn't like looking at my body, that's really their issue, not mine. :)
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    Yeah I agree it's more about confidence than actually number on a scale. I will wear a bikini now, actually just bought one, but I wear it on my balcony for tanning, where no one can see me! LOL If I go to the pool I will wear a whole "outfit" covering the bikini and never actually get in the pool. I'm one of those girls who have to put on self-tanner, reflective glitter, and lay just right on the chase lounge to even consider being seen by other people. HAHAHA :)
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would ever feel comfortable in a bikini....
  • ChrisGraz
    Options
    I'll never get back into a bikini and that's got a lot more to do with age and weight,
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sad to say, but even at 23 and someone who's ever actually been overweight, I've never felt good in a bikini. A combination of not being in ideal shape and some lack of body confidence I suppose.
    As for tanning it's fine, but I've never 'strut' around feeling good. Even when I was 127 lbs at 5"9.

I had a boob job a year ago and haven't been on the beach since so I suppose that evens out my pear shape a bit. But I WILL wear a bikini this year and be in shape for it :)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Last summer was the first time I had ever worn a two piece suit. Before that I always wore a one piece with built in skirt :tongue: I bought the two piece after transitioning into maintenance. I'm wearing the suit in my profile picture, which I took last week, and I my weight is now in the 117-120 range (my maintenance range). It's going to be my primary suit for this summer (and yes it still has a skirted bottom lol).
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 165 and feel quite comfortable in a bikini mind you I am a size 8

I am a mom too and have the tiger stripes that doesn't bother me....

But as other posters said it's not about weight it's about what's up in your head.

My body is not bikini perfect but it looks a damn site better now then it did a year ago.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've always wore a bikini even at my heaviest. Honestly I feel more comfortable if I'm tan...I think it hides flaws! haha
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I feel comfortable in a bikini at anything lower than 145 lbs. I felt most comfortable when I was 130, though!