What do you eat of the McDonalds Dollar menu?

Options
I know it is fast food and it is cheap but is there anything relatively decent you can eat off the McDonald's Dollar menu when you are in a hurry & want something inexpensive?

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I think the fruit and yogurt parfait is on there. I'd get that, or a plain burger
  • Pain_Train
    Options
    I get two burgers toss the buns from one and make a double
    2013-11-04-McD_DollarMore_HP-thumb.jpg
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Iced tea :)
  • Jewbe
    Jewbe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get two burgers toss the buns from one and make a double
    2013-11-04-McD_DollarMore_HP-thumb.jpg

Tossing the bun is a good idea since there is a bunch of calories there.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like the sausage breakfast burritos.
  • Jewbe
    Options
    I didn't know they had a fruit parfait. I'm going to give that a try.

I do like Ice tea but unsweetened.
  • smithcarola
    smithcarola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like to get the grilled chicken snack wrap without the sauce. I think they run around $1.50 and 180 calories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I only like their breakfast stuff...so a sausage breakfast burrito or sausage biscuit would be my pick. Haven't had that in years!

I really just do not like their food later in the day. I am not all "fast food is evil" or anything -- it's just a taste preference.
  • scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When my friends want to go to McDonalds I usually get a coffee and eat elsewhere. I don't know about the American menu but happy meals often include fruit bags and carrot sticks, maybe you could see if you can buy them separately
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A plain cheeseburger is 290 calories (meat, cheese, and bun). I have that on occasion.
  • Jewbe
    Options
    I did get the fruit parfait which was pretty good, surprisingly.

The Mcdouble tasted ok. Not the best cheap burger, don't get me wrong I did eat it.

My husband had the sweet chili grilled chicken wrap which he said was really good & only 390 calories so not bad. Only thing is it cost $4.29 so not on the dollar menu :( But I think I would have liked the grilled chicken over the burger but big price difference.
  • missus_bowman
    Options
    If you know that you're going to be busy, and may be tempted by fast food, you could always try pre-preparing meals. If you look up "Meal Prep Mondays" you can find a ton of information about it.

I cut fast food out of my diet a long time ago, and haven't gotten anything from the burger joint fast food types in about 4 months. I can see now how crummy their food makes me feel. I swear it's like you can feel the grease slowing your body down!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I go there all the time for coffee and only coffee. I plan ahead and pack a lunch so I don't have to eat at these places and if I must I go to Subway for a turkey on wheat with all the veggies and no mayo
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If I forgot to pack something (it happens!), I stop at McDonald's for a snack wrap. The grilled BBQ or grilled honey mustard wraps are 250 calories each. I get one and I'm fine. I also like Subway's Fit Favorite (Fresh Favorite? I don't know.) 6-inch subs. Oven-roasted chicken with no cheese, no sauce, lots of veggies on 9-grain whole wheat, 320 calories, 5 grams of fat. Yum.

ETA: The snack wraps are like $1.19 or something. They aren't on the actual dollar menu.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Small fries are only 130 calories. I factured that in and was surprised that I was able to lose 4 lbs that week! Of course, I did cut back on other fats that week.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Ever.

Items that are quick and cost a buck or less from your kitchen: banana, apple, orange, handful of almonds, oatmeal with cinnamon, box of raisins, carrot sticks, celery and peanut butter, trail mix, meat or fruit jerky, boiled eggs
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, egg and cheese (or eggwhite and cheese) mcmuffin and a nonfat flavored latte. Other than that, generally small fries. I used to do snack wraps, but I'm getting sick of them. And regular cheeseburgers no pickle.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I did get the fruit parfait which was pretty good, surprisingly.

The Mcdouble tasted ok. Not the best cheap burger, don't get me wrong I did eat it.

My husband had the sweet chili grilled chicken wrap which he said was really good & only 390 calories so not bad. Only thing is it cost $4.29 so not on the dollar menu :( But I think I would have liked the grilled chicken over the burger but big price difference.

There are the smaller snack wraps for $1.19 or $1.50 (I can't remember) and then they have the premium wraps that are priced like burgers. I just want to clarify so you don't think the other user who mentioned the snack wraps was misleading you. :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Wendy's is what. Not a fan of McDs. Jr bacon or baked potato.
    ETA also their chili is yummy.
  • lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    I went to McDonalds last weekend had a tea then grabbed one of their nutritional sheets which I have infront of me which lists all the calories, protein, fat, carbs,fibre salt and allergen info in all of their meal and drinks. Very interesting as some of their meals are lower in calories than you would think. I posted on another thread where you could have breakfast,lunch and dinner including drinks(Tea or Coffee) which would add up to 1505 cal without snacks inbetween the meals.