FITBIT????

Options
13»

Replies

• CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love my Bit bit. just upgraded to the one. As with any piece of equipment you must use it and also eat well for any good results! I find it motivating!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit ultra - love it. My goal is 12,500 steps per day and sometimes I walk around the block 3 or 4 times after dinner to get my steps in for the day!
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    For those of you with a fitbit one, does it register when you ride on a bike/stationary bike? My force doesn't so I was just curious.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Fitbit wristbands are pairable with the Mio Alpha HR monitor? I have searched online and can't get a clear answer.
    I don't think it interacts with any HRM.

jess- None of them are programmed to track cycling of any sort.
  • Donnaprincess
    Options
    With the fit bit zip, how do you get the data from the fitbit onto your computer if you don't have a compatible device (e.g. I have the iPad 1 and an iPhone 3 and it says syncing is with newer models. Is there a way to get data onto your computer without this "syncing"?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It synchs to any computer with a USB port. The 'compatible devices' is referring to mobile devices.
  • Rlang1
    Rlang1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    With the fit bit zip, how do you get the data from the fitbit onto your computer if you don't have a compatible device (e.g. I have the iPad 1 and an iPhone 3 and it says syncing is with newer models. Is there a way to get data onto your computer without this "syncing"?

Can you Bluetooth sync??
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    For those of you with a fitbit one, does it register when you ride on a bike/stationary bike? My force doesn't so I was just curious.

It does not work with a bike. Most pedometers are set up to detect a transfer of weight from one foot to another - an "infinity" pattern. (Picture to yourself how a runner's ponytail traces a sideways figure 8 as she jogs along.)

It works on a elliptical machine or stair climber, but not on a stationary bike where your hips should not be swinging like that!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    bump

I have the same ?
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it! As everyone says, they really motivate you to move - but the best part is the fact that I know how much i am burning on a daily bais. On really active days, I'm within a few calories of what the calculators say my TDEE is for being very active....on sedentary days, the same. If I'm running behind on my burn and need to hit a certain number to have the calories for food I want to eat, it lets me know how to get there. It really has helped me to trust the numbers.

As for which to get -- it depends on what you need. I chose the One because I wanted something I could wear all the time. If I'm at a party wearing a fancy dress - the One still clips to my bra. It is slimmer than the zip - I read that some people have issues with the zip showing through a fitted shirt, but the One doesn't seem to have that problem. Also the flex can overestimate steps if you talk with your hands...and it seems that there are issues with not counting steps if you're pushing a cart (I believe it counts steps when you swing your arms...

There are different models because they keep coming out with newer ones. The Flex and the One are the newest ones. But from my understanding, they all do pretty much the same thing. It just depends on your lifestyle and what works best for you. The chart someone posted a link to is great. Look at the different models and pick.

And worth it? I have yet to meet anyone who is unhappy with their investment.