Need friends on here. i have 130+ lbs to lose...

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Ashley and I'm 23 years old. I have been successful with MFP in the past and lost 40 lbs. However, I stopped and gained everything back AND some more. :( A lot of stress was occurring in my life at the time and some has settled down. I just got engaged to my boyfriend of 4 years on December 18 and we have set our wedding date for late October 2015! That means I have about a year and a half to lose the weight I hope to lose.

My stats:
5'8"
23 years old
305.5 lbs

My goal weight is 170 lbs for the moment. I will adjust this as I lose weight but I think this is a good weight because I have large breasts and frame.

I'm in need of people who are consistently on MFP logging and who are willing to give/receive encouragement.
If you help me, I will help you.
I definitely need to accomplish this. Partly because I want to look my best for my wedding, but also because I'm concerned for my health. I want to have children in a few years as well and I can't do that at my current weight without risks.

Thanks in advance everyone. Please add me if you like :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Don't worry too much about your goal weight, as you said you can always change it. FR sent!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, feel free to friend me- i started at 320 pounds so I know where you're coming from. You can do this!
  • doglover1984
    doglover1984 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do this, your mind can be your best friend or your worst enemy, but you are a strong woman and I know your will kick butt. Friend request sent :happy:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Your body can go wherever your mind will let it. You can do this!!!!
  • sarabethclark1
    Options
    Sending request! You can do this girl! We have aproximately the same amount to lose - so we can help each other!
    Sending you a request...
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I don't have 130 plus lbs to loose but I have enough. I however like encouraging others and am always game for getting more encouragememt in return. sending you a friend request.
  • Marlisle
    Marlisle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley! Congrats on the engagement! October will be such a beautiful time to get married! Feel free to add me :) I'm always looking for more friends on here! I'm trying to lose 90 pounds by August 8, 2015 for our wedding
  • andreaamak
    andreaamak Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! Friend request sent :)
  • amandaaleee
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I just started on mfp. I have 88lbs to lose and I could use the support. Today was my first day of "clean eating" and I'm already struggling! Thanks :)
  • bonestm
    bonestm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! I am in the same boat as you as far as weight to loose. Started a couple of weeks ago @320 and need to get to 200. I have set my small goals though 270, 250, 230 and so on.

WE CAN DO THIS!! And when you're done You will look AWESOME on your Wedding day!

Have faith believe in yourself and you'll reach that finish line!!

Feel free to friend me.
  • flaggki
    Options
    Congratulations! This is a very exciting time for you I'm sure! I just recently started back using MFP, but I have not learned how to add friends yet...yes I know :). I have almost as much weight as you to lose, but my focus right now is changing my eating habits and increasing my physical activity. If you (or anyone) would like to send me a friend request that would be awesome! Maybe I will figure it out in a few moments! Anyway good luck, and I will try to motivate you as much as I can!
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the engagement. :)

I'm at 287lb and need to aim for anything below 155 to be "healthy" weight. I've recently restarted on here as a new years resolution and I'm logging daily. FR sent.
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to be friends with anyone!
  • FootballKate1
    FootballKate1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best Wishes on your engagement! I have just started this week and have 185 lbs to lose. I would be happy to go along on the journey with you and hopefully we can help each other out. Sending friend request.
  • rissatheninja
    rissatheninja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing - a few years ago I got really serious about my health and lost about 30 of my extra pounds from having my daughter, but gained it all back since. It sucks, royally.

For a while now, I've been complaining about my weight (as I stuff my face with pizza haha) but just recently decided to change it. My boyfriend is getting healthy with me, but I'd love some girl support - it seems so much easier for guys to lose it.

Add me :)
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Added you! I have found that the encouragement genuinely helps, especially when I notice the same people liking or commenting on my statuses. It makes me feel like I want to impress someone haha.

Anyone else should add me too! :)
  • maryh0204
    maryh0204 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You have taken the first step to a long, healthy and happy life. I am also just starting out and really have no game plan. As a matter of fact, 1200 calories is sounding kind of impossible to me! I am looking for strategic foods and tips to keep from snacking when bored. I am also looking for friends to give and receive encouragement from. Glad to be able to get to know you. :wink:
  • Brwnsugar_80
    Brwnsugar_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you can add me!
  • hon918
    hon918 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Sending friend request. :-)
  • FaithDriven1
    FaithDriven1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement! Consistency really is the key and that's what I'm focusing on now! I am sending friend request. I am 69 days in but really need more friends. :)