P90X3 and Half Marathon Training - TOO MUCH?!?!

Options
My husband and I discovered the P90X3 program yesterday and are eager to get our package and get started. My only concern is that I am currently training for a half marathon and need to be running three days a week. I know that the original P90X program required daily workouts. Will this still work if I only do the P90X3 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday? I run on Tuesdays, Thursdays and a long run on Sundays.

Will it be too much to do a workout and run three miles on my run days? I do not want to burn myself out but a sista needs some strength training in her life!

TIA!

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't think it'll be too much at all if you do it like you say. run tu, th, sunday. p90x on mon,wed, friday. i'd have a rest day on saturday though, to give your body a day to recupperate.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    ^ Yes. Do not forget to have at least one rest day a week.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just do some of the P90x when it fits in between your running schedule? Does it have to be all or nothing?
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I would put the running first, and fit in the P90X around it - making sure to leave one day for rest! :)
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much for the quick responses!
  • tracys3sons
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of week 1. I need to start incorporating running back into my routine and start marathon training next month. Some days I don't have time to run and do this workout. How have you managed your schedule and did you have to cut out any of the workouts? I'm focusing on toning at the moment, and developing strength. As much as I'm dreading the yoga, I know I have to do it because it's good for me! That's one workout I can see doing after a short run day.