I know this feeling.
  • size10wannabe85
    Options
    this is the one i was given tonight:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a classic case of the hangries. You might want to reconsider and go for a less aggressive goal.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    For me it was two different things, one was that 1200 is not a sustainable number for me for very long--I started with a lot of weight to lose and it was going to take a long time (it's been over a year now) so I needed it to be less restrictive. Bumping to 1550 worked a lot better for me at first.

The other component was the grumpy feeling of *knowing* that food would help me feel better (in the short term) and not being able to use it in that fashion anymore. A couple of people got to know how I feel about a few things :noway: , not my normal MO at all, before I figured out how to harness it. Exercise eventually became my go-to outlet, but it took many months to make that transition.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Only when I'm hungry, from not eating enough calories.
  • freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For me it was two different things, one was that 1200 is not a sustainable number for me for very long--I started with a lot of weight to lose and it was going to take a long time (it's been over a year now) so I needed it to be less restrictive. Bumping to 1550 worked a lot better for me at first.

The other component was the grumpy feeling of *knowing* that food would help me feel better (in the short term) and not being able to use it in that fashion anymore. A couple of people got to know how I feel about a few things :noway: , not my normal MO at all, before I figured out how to harness it. Exercise eventually became my go-to outlet, but it took many months to make that transition.

I need to get the energy to exercise.....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

eat more
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options

I think you just answered your own question. Calories are a unit of energy .....
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    When I started out on here I was on 1200. First thing my doctor told me after saying that isn't enough for a 5"2 47yr old woman was the question of "are you more cranky than usual". You most probably need to up your calories and make sure you are eating most of your exercise calories back as MFP is designed. I ate 1800 yesterday and 1900+ the day before but that includes my exercise of 400+ calories. I have a heart rate monitor so expect my calories are fairly precise so I eat back all those calories on top of my 1400 net (which I may increase soon- just testing the waters with the new HRM)