Home DVD like "Body Pump"

Options
I used to do Body Pump at my gym 3x a week and loved it. I don't go to the gym anymore with young kids, but would love do something similar at home.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am not aware of a home DVD like body pump since it uses step, weight bars, etc but I have Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones which is an all over body toning and is great.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has Les Mills PUMP. It is body pump in a 90 day program!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are you might be able to get Pump FX, I think it is quite similar to Pump but not too sure where the differences are.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Check out BeachBody like was suggested. They have the Les Mills Pump there
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just echoing navydentalchi, Beachbody has the Les Mills Pump and it comes with the bar and some weights. Though, I would recommend getting the weights/bar at one of those second hand sporting goods stores and just get the DVDs.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    another option if you don't want to spend the money for Les Mills is Jari Love. Her workouts are similar to bodypump i.e. High rep lower weight. You can get her workouts on her sight or go to collage vodeo or Totalfitnessdvd.com.
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • D_Schnell
    Options
    I know this topic is from last month, but I just wanted to give you a couple options.

I have been an avid "pumper" for about 6 or 7 years now. I love the workouts, in fact, it is the only reason I still have a gym membership! I've recently began working part time and I cannot always make the classes at the time my gym offers them so I wanted to find a way that I could do them at home. I went back an forth about buying the Beachbody Body Pump DVD, and then I found about 5 full length pump classes on you tube (My laptop connects to my TV easily with an HDMI cable). I have the "step" brand step with four risers that I purchased at a Play It Again Sports for $15 and a mat. My biggest challenge was finding a standard bar that weighs what the Pump bars weigh. I found one at Target.com that weighs almost exactly (maybe exactly) what the Pump bar weighs and it came with four 10lb weights and two 5lb weights. I ordered two 2 1/2lb weights online from Beachbody and I am all set with my weight options for now. The bar and weights cost me $39 on sale (I think it is $44 now) with a 5% discount and free shipping if you use a Target card. With the step and the extra weights, I basically got the entire setup for about $65 and that is including the step!

I know that some will say that Pump was not meant for home use. I agree that there is nothing like being in a Pump class itself, but for someone like me who knows the routines from years of Pump, and can't make the classes all the time, this was a perfect option for those days. I do Pump about 3x/week and now I can stick to my workout regimen whether I'm working that week or not.

Here's the link to the weight set I found at about half the cost of the Beachbody set:
    http://www.target.com/p/55-lb-pro-plate-design-weight-set/-/A-10098254#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=weight+set

The weights are vinyl coated and will not damage your floors. :)

I hope this helps!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I do Les Mills Body Pump DVDs at home as well as Chalean Extreme , both available on beachbody , both are great!
  • babykitty72
    Options
    Can you tell me the link to the 5 full length classes. I love pump but am hoping to get a job soon and may need some home fitness. i have a bar, weights, hand weights. just need a bigger step
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to do Body Pump at my gym 3x a week and loved it. I don't go to the gym anymore with young kids, but would love do something similar at home.

Any recommendations?

The home version is Les Mills Pump! I love it, even though I know it won't compare to the in class vibe.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    They certainly sell the Body Pump DVD set, I know someone who has it! LES MILLS BODY PUMP!

Try Insanity or T25 too. Don't be scared off by these, they're not that bad and you go at your own pace. The Jillian Michaels DVDs are all good.

Look on Craigslist and eBay for people selling them used. Get it for 1/2 the price.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock or Zuzka light on youtube have some great weighted workouts (not pure strength training in the traditional sense) but i'ts far form just body weight only- nice quick 15 minute workouts.

and free.

:D