SHOCKING!

Options
13»

Replies

• sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The last time someone brought donuts in the office I looked them up calories-wise and just went over and wrote a large "260" on the top of the box. They were just plain glazed donuts... but that kept me from them. Sadly, my co-workers were joking about how they had just eaten 520 calories... and it wasn't even 9:30.

~S
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    So one of my most favoritest drinks is a large Caramel Frappe from McDonald's. Yeah, I know it's not good for me, but I never realized HOW bad it was until now. Those puppies are packed with 680 calories, 29g fat, 18g sat. fat, 2g trans fat, 85mg cholesterol, 94g carbs, and 88g sugar! I haven't had one in a while, and now I definitely don't plan on having one probably ever again. I don't even want to think about some of the other crap I was eating before! ha ha

So what are some of your favorite foodstuffs that you were unaware of how bad they are for you? Have you found a substitute, or did you just quit it like a bad habit? I'm still looking for a pasta replacement and something to replace Mom's home made chocolate cake!! ;)

~Brian

I don't do the Frappe's but I really like McDonald's caramel cappucino with non-fat milk. A small is only 150 calories and it's nice for the caffeine boost.
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I almost had a heart attack last week when I ate some A&W (my first 'greasy' fast food) at the mall and realized that it was a total of 1200 calories. I was so horrified because it wasn't like I'd had the worst burger on the menu, but one of the smallest, least "done-up" instead. I said to my mom right then that it was absolutely not worth it. I couldn't believe that the root beer was almost the same amount of calories as the burger.

I could have had a small container of New York Fries and their delicious gravy for literally a third of that.

I've made better food court decisions since then!
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I love QUIZNOS so when i go there i save like all of my daily calories. Why? because Even if I just eat the sandwhich I am guranteed about 800 calories for alot of them. Yikes.
    Maybe I should only eat subway from now on....
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This post is making me hungry...haha
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    So in honor of Veteran's Day, AppleBee's was giving away free dinners to veterans. Both my dad and grand father are Army vets, so we decided to partake of their generosity. I was prepared to stray from my "diet" a bit, but I had NO idea what was about to happen...

Chicken Florentine Ravioli: 1,320 calories!
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae: 1,660 calories!!

Unfortunately, I only had 100+ calories left for dinner, and boy did I just blow that out of the water! Now I can't eat for three more days, lol. Either that, or I need to do 3 workouts tomorrow. ;)

Can anyone guess what I *won't* be eating again anytime soon? hahaha

~Brian

They have options under 500 cals from a special menu but guess that’s too little too late. I hope you enjoyed it and now you can move on, no biggie.
  • DondeEstaMiCulo
    Options
    They have options under 500 cals from a special menu but guess that’s too little too late. I hope you enjoyed it and now you can move on, no biggie.
    Ya know, it's kinda funny... I never even thought about looking at the "healthy" section of the menu, haha. I'm so ingrained in my unhealthy ways, it just didn't even occur to me at the time. Besides, I REALLY had my heart set on their new Florentine Ravioli w/Chicken ;)

At least I stuck with water instead of soda or a beer! ;)
  • crissi66
    Options
    So one of my most favoritest drinks is a large Caramel Frappe from McDonald's. Yeah, I know it's not good for me, but I never realized HOW bad it was until now. Those puppies are packed with 680 calories, 29g fat, 18g sat. fat, 2g trans fat, 85mg cholesterol, 94g carbs, and 88g sugar! I haven't had one in a while, and now I definitely don't plan on having one probably ever again. I don't even want to think about some of the other crap I was eating before! ha ha

So what are some of your favorite foodstuffs that you were unaware of how bad they are for you? Have you found a substitute, or did you just quit it like a bad habit? I'm still looking for a pasta replacement and something to replace Mom's home made chocolate cake!! ;)

~Brian

Oh briannever go to panera for breakfast my man. they have egg white soufflee that are so delicous and small and fatening. one ham and swiss souflee has 490 calories and 30 grams of fat. That devastated me one day. thats more fat than i eat all day in one little breackdat thingy i didnt even finish
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Ok my favorite thing to eat is Boston Pizza's Chicken Pecan Salad...now it comes with cheese and Ranch...but i say no cheese and light italian on the side...so how many calories does that reduce my salad to? with the ranch and cheese it's 1150 calories and 1530mg of sodium...that's HUGE!